Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,026      
Yeah, I made the road trip 3 times (2 basketball games and a football game). Purdue campus and West Lafayette just seemed like a dreary place.

It's actually a nice community to live in. But I grew up in Decatur, so...

Campus, though, is no comparison to UI.

#1,027      

BillyBob1

Champaign
A Wooten visit in winter to Champaign vs those west coast schools? Think I know how that will turn out.

I remember the football team having warm weather recruits here in the winter and it snowed. They had never experienced snow before and were like little kids playing in it.

#1,029      
There are definitely some tea leaves if you poke around Wilkes Twitter or more specifically his significant others...

#1,033      
His girlfriend follows Groce and a few more Illini related accounts, even retweeted a Illinois football tweet today. As far as I can tell she doesn't follow anything from any other school

#1,034      
There are definitely some tea leaves if you poke around Wilkes Twitter or more specifically his significant others...

Good catch, definitely something to keep an eye on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Any of those tea leaves reading positive for us?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Yup and have been.

Would anyone who's a better detective than I care to share some of these tea leaves?

#1,036      

BillyBob1

Champaign
Why are you guys wasting your time? We've been told he's not coming here!

#1,037      
Would anyone who's a better detective than I care to share some of these tea leaves?
His girl friend recently began following Groce, Illinois basketball, Illinois athletics, and UI hoops recruits. She doesn't appear to follow any other schools. Also for what its worth Wilkes appears to be following a couple Illinois basketball players but I didn't check to see if he followed any UCLA or IU players.

#1,039      
Would have loved to seen everyone's reaction if she was following Crean, IU, etc.,

Insiders, Twitter, Friends, heck even a verbal commitment all mean nothing until the LOI is signed. Just a piece of information like so many other people post on here.

Here we go again thinking twitter means something

#1,040      
His girl friend recently began following Groce, Illinois basketball, Illinois athletics, and UI hoops recruits. She doesn't appear to follow any other schools. Also for what its worth Wilkes appears to be following a couple Illinois basketball players but I didn't check to see if he followed any UCLA or IU players.

Girlfriend follows UA Indy Hoosiers and Wilkes follows current and committed UCLA players (Lonzo Ball and Jaylen Hands among others), didn't recognize any IU players since I haven't followed their recruiting closely but there's a couple IU recruiting accounts. So yea, spread out and not indicative of anything.

#1,041      
Girlfriend follows UA Indy Hoosiers and Wilkes follows current and committed UCLA players (Lonzo Ball and Jaylen Hands among others), didn't recognize any IU players since I haven't followed their recruiting closely but there's a couple IU recruiting accounts. So yea, spread out and not indicative of anything.

UA Indy Hoosiers is his AAU team.

#1,043      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Would have loved to seen everyone's reaction if she was following Crean, IU, etc.,

Insiders, Twitter, Friends, heck even a verbal commitment all mean nothing until the LOI is signed. Just a piece of information like so many other people post on here.

Not the LOI. A commitment is 99+% a sure thing. We're just snake bit by Snider and Gordon.

#1,048      

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
wilkes visiting IU today per Rabjohn

To be fair Nebraska, a Top 10 team, is in town and after being competitive against OSU last week you would think it should be a decent game and good atmosphere. Don't really blame him from going to watch a game for free for a team he has probably watched since he was a child.

#1,049      

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I'm thinking we might start to see the tea leaves go against us. This might be the first one. It's alright though, we have Tilmon!

#1,050      
I'm thinking we might start to see the tea leaves go against us. This might be the first one. It's alright though, we have Tilmon!

Maybe not, but most likely those "sources" that said that Indiana is out, will now appear again and say that Indiana is back in, recruiting is fluid, etc. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.