Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3,976      

Deleted member 10676

D
Dont like to read to much into these kind of things, but thats gotta be some sort of nail in the coffin.

I'd like to think it was because everybody was making such a big deal about it and Swami was 'breaking' the news on his periscope thing last night.
But yeah, I'm not overly confident at this point.

#3,977      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Swami was 'breaking' the news on his periscope thing last night.

anigif_original-grid-image-24846-1372689655-13.gif

#3,980      

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
At first I didn't think I saw Illinois in the Final 3 pics, but upon seeing that he's wearing a #25 jersey, I can't help but feel like we can get him in the end. I feel like we have a closer with a clear message now in BU.

#3,982      
LOL "Don't like to read too much into these sorts of things, but let me jump to an absolute conclusion."

I said some nail, not the final nail. Was not even close to an absolute conclusion.

Basically, I can't see the spin zone spitting this one out in any positive light. Sorry if that's too absolute.

#3,984      
So he started following him and stopped following within a few hours? Well that just screams it doesn't mean anything to me.

#3,986      
At first I didn't think I saw Illinois in the Final 3 pics, but upon seeing that he's wearing a #25 jersey, I can't help but feel like we can get him in the end. I feel like we have a closer with a clear message now in BU.

THT won't be joining us, but that's ok. I like his game & he would've helped our brand in the city. But he knows he wouldn't make an early impact & he wants to do just that. We do need to go all in on Whitney for 2019 though. He's more talented & we'll have more of a need.:illinois:

#3,987      

sdfidaho

Boise, Idaho
THT won't be joining us, but that's ok. I like his game & he would've helped our brand in the city. But he knows he wouldn't make an early impact & he wants to do just that. We do need to go all in on Whitney for 2019 though. He's more talented & we'll have more of a need.:illinois:

Thanks! Now I know and won't have to check this board again until the season starts.
No recruiting news to see here, just keep moving along.

#3,988      
The fact that we're in the final three is all the information we need: he likes us enough that he's still considering coming downstate. He very easily could have made a final two of ISU and Xavier, so don't say that he isn't coming here until he actually doesn't come here.

He absolutely will make an impact immediately where ever he goes.

#3,989      

kcib8130

Parts Unknown

That has been stated about our last 3 Simeon players. If anything, we've hurt our brand in that regard.

#3,991      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I wonder how much control THT's mom has with regards to his social media during this? She's made the point a few times how they are in complete control of this process.

Also, I have much less of a problem losing a recruit to Iowa St. than other programs. I have no beef with their fans. If THT truly thinks he's better off there, best of luck to him and that program.

Onward and upward for the Illini!:illinois:

#3,993      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Still feel like we're on the outside looking in re: THT. I'm thinking ISU is most likely, which is weird to me to think that any Illinois (esp. Chicago) kid would choose Ames over C-U, but I guess that's the Cubs World Series winning, Trump as president world we live in now.

#3,996      
I see MF, AJ and LB leaving in 2019 (maybe earlier), but I dont see the logic in not wanting THT or Whitney whenever you can get them?

#3,997      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
I'll give Conditt a break because he was an outlier due to his dad/legacy recruit.
But Illinois should check ahead of ISU on nearly every objective comparison for THT.
Resources, playing time, history, location, exposure, academics all should favor Illinois by a significant degree.
Recent success is about the only thing ISU has on us and most of that was because of Hoiberg.

These arguments don't work when the most important thing is positioned as the "only thing" they have on us.

Since 2012, ISU has been to the tourney five times. We've been there once.

#3,999      

ILL in IA

Iowa City
These arguments don't work when the most important thing is positioned as the "only thing" they have on us.

And for the most part, that's all the history a now 17, 16, or 15 year old kid knows.

#4,000      

So you'd be Sven Nater and sit for 4 years because, heck, who had more success than UCLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.