Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,676      
19illinois2_650.JPG

Right click on image >> Copy image address
Insert Image button >> Paste

There's a thread for this sort of thing under General Chat called Animated GIF Help Desk.

Thank you very much!

#2,677      

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
Should have seen the Bradford recruitment. He's was posting all kinds of crazy things on Twitter and Instagram, snapchatting with Memphis and Tennessee. Was a big shocker when made a Vine of himself committing to Illinois.
None of those things existed when Cory Bradford committed to the Illini... But as someone else pointed out, you probably meant Leron.

#2,678      

illinitrav

NW Suburbs
Wake fans sure are confident about their superiority in talent over Illinois. They do realize the two teams play this year right? Easy 20+ points win for WF it sounds like.

Apparently they don't realize the leagues pair teams up based on their talent levels. I wonder how they feel being paired up with lowly U of I and the awful Mark Smith.

#2,680      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
When it's invite only and illinois guys are getting the invite it should tell you something.

I'm in Chicago for work this week. Where is it noted this is invite only? Was hoping to go.

#2,689      
Practically this staff is a much better recruiting staff than Weber ever had and what 5 star did we lose to a stepping stone coach? Maybe we did. Please remind me.

Weber certainly lost Rose to Calipari and Memphis, not only a stepping stone coach but not a P5/P6 program either. But it has nothing to do with stepping stone coach or programs, or the argument. The lack of many examples is due to the fact that you will not find many 5* recruits coming down to two totally mediocre programs (for quite some time). Most 5* recruits will have blue bloods and good programs on their short list. As I said in previous post, Ayo is an extreme rarity that we should not lose.

Choosing Underwood will have zero to do with Ayo viewing Underwood as a lifer at UI. Recruits simply do not care. And likewise, Manning is not currently a threat to leave Wake either. He has a lot more to do at Wake in order to be considered as a next KU or UNC coach.

We do not need to revisit the same Weber vs. Self old argument, but having the choice, I'd take a Bill Self every single time as a coach. Wake Forest sees the same type of coach in Manning, unfortunately with a lot more to do. There is no guarantee that he leaves even if he has success, but even if he does, it means that he did extremely well to the point that a KU or UNC wanted him. They'd gladly take that.

#2,690      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
FWIW I have felt very welcome on this board, and while clearly my hopes are not your hopes it has been a good time inside the bubble of another school for a bit.

This guy has been extremely rational and level headed.you are welcome anytime buddy. :cool:

#2,693      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
I could be huge in Ames. I already hate the Hawkeyes!

This is GOLD. POTD for me

lol, gmab....going over to the WF site to read their posts is no different than reading Facebook posts, Instagram posts, and other social media. And all of us do it.

Broad definition of all of us. I can barely keep up with THIS board. I have zero desire to waste time on WF boards.

#2,694      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
On that note, someone on the WF board posted "...midwestern walmart fans of a university that's easier to get into than a pickle jar" and my first thought was that they must have us confused with Iowa.

I laughed, out loud, in a cubicle at a clients location. I love this stuff.

#2,696      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
This is GOLD. POTD for me

Broad definition of all of us. I can barely keep up with THIS board. I have zero desire to waste time on WF boards.

I wasn't trying to define everyone, just pointing out that it's a tad hypocritical to chastise anyone for reading their board as entertainment when we all read different things online for entertainment...(Facebook, Instagram..etc).

I don't see the value of posting some of the silly stuff that some of our fans are posting, but I definitely got some chuckle from the reading! I also had plenty of time to waste yesterday! :D

#2,698      

jmilt7

Waukegan
I haven't gone to the WF board, but it sounds like we're kindred spirits. We should all have a beer once this is over.

Yeah, I love their mascot name, Demon Deacons (originally the Baptists or perhaps the Fightin' Baptists). Also, have to respect any team in NC that is not UNC or Duke. A school that could potentially, at least, take recruits away from UNC or Duke. And have the opportunity to beat those two at least once or twice a year

#2,699      

whovous

Washington, DC

Make sure you have all kinds of time before going over there. Their recruiting thread has been almost all Ayo lately, just like ours. It has roughly twice as many posts since noon yesterday as we do. It is the first time I've seen another college BB forum that is more verbose than our own.

#2,700      
And have the opportunity to beat those two at least once or twice a year

This year would be tough to accomplish, but looking better in future.

Wake Forest is certainly a good school and environment. I have friends, colleagues, and family who went to WF and certainly enjoyed their time there. Very nice campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.