Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4,026      
I still dont believe that hurt us as far as with the people who knew what was what like coach Smith, he was still ok with the Illini , just wasnt happy he didnt get called right off the bat , but they took care of that asap. AYO makes it cool again to be an Illini THT would only make it that much better for the following years one would think any how.

Other then Miller in 2020, is there anyone we are even talking about from Chicago for the next 2 years though ? I know you could count Whitney I guess since he is a fire guy with ties. but not really the same

Miller is from Peoria isn't he. No where near Chicago......:huh:

#4,027      
By the way, someone mentioned that THT re-followed Ayo again after having earlier followed and then subsequently un-followed him... pretty sure it was all just an attempt to further confuse our discussion on coffins and nails. :noidea:

And somewhere, two teenagers are laughing hysterically at a bunch of middle-aged men spending too much time on an internet forum.

#4,029      
By the way, someone mentioned that THT re-followed Ayo again after having earlier followed and then subsequently un-followed him... pretty sure it was all just an attempt to further confuse our discussion on coffins and nails. :noidea:

only matters if they are friends on myspace

#4,030      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
I made their board!! :D:D I have a feeling they'll just call us out on having an inferiority complex if I provide the long list of stats that show what a better program we've been than them for decades or provide the quite obvious fact that Illinois ranks in the top 15 all-time in the vast majority of metrics you'd use to judge a program from Final Fours to all-time winning percentage, so I will refrain. Everything from their claim that their little "Hilton Magic" had "more excitement" than Assembly Hall circa 2006 (I can't even) to the one guy's claim that there is more interest in NORTHWESTERN in Illinois than UI (it honestly wouldn't shock me if there are as many Illini fans in Evanston as there NU fans, and this is not to mention that we lead the all-time series with our supposed "big brother" 134-40 and 25-7 since 2000) was too ridiculous to even consider anything but blind homerism and hate due to recruiting a mutual player, LOL. Not worth a response. They'll probably get THT, but if they think that says something about ISU and its supposed value, I guess I will let them keep living in the deulsional red dot in Central Iowa that their university matters in...

The Northwestern claim is obviously silly (although hey, they've got a more recent tournament appearance than us), but there aren't many more pathetic looks than when we try to argue we're anything other than a mess that's missed the dance for four years because "top 15 all-time ranking!!!"

#4,038      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Did anyone post something breaking down potential playing time for THT at Iowa St. vs. Illini? A quick search yielded nothing specific.

Can they sell a starting spot to him right away? Does anyone see him starting right away, or maybe getting significant minutes? :illinois:

#4,039      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Did anyone post something breaking down potential playing time for THT at Iowa St. vs. Illini? A quick search yielded nothing specific.

Can they sell a starting spot to him right away? Does anyone see him starting right away, or maybe getting significant minutes? :illinois:

It's early given that he hasn't even started his senior season yet, but THT has a lot of work to do to be ready physically. I don't think he's a starter from day 1,
but he's got the quickness and length that would allow him to play early.

#4,040      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Sounds like there will be a BU in-home this week, either tomorrow or Wednesday. Needs to nail it to get THT on board.

#4,041      
It’s hard to take the BXII too seriously when they’ve let the same team win the conference title 13 years straight.
Sounds like a really competitive conference.

#4,042      
I enjoy back-and-forth between boards, but it's so difficult for people to stay civil, for some reason. I don't get it. But when you get a visitor who is polite, well-spoken, and fair, the mixing of fanbases is frequently gratifying and educational (even though you need to parse the info carefully - other schools have their own flavors of Kool-aid).

If we didn't have a shot, THT wouldn't have put us in the final 3. Sell 'im the ol' Underwood Special! Land THT!

#4,044      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
It's early given that he hasn't even started his senior season yet, but THT has a lot of work to do to be ready physically. I don't think he's a starter from day 1,
but he's got the quickness and length that would allow him to play early.

Thanks TM....I guess it really comes down to which supporting cast and which system he thinks he will flourish in. Illini have to be getting some serious consideration in that respect I think.

#4,045      

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Having been in Iowa for 15 years now (way to long) after growing up in the burbs, I think Illinois and Iowa State fans are actually very similar. We're both thirsty as hell for the attention we think we deserve. We both hold on to the "almost had it national championship" Just ask an Iowa State fan to break down the end of the 2000 tournament game against Michigan State. Just make sure you have enough time to get through it. "The double foul, having to play against Michigan state and the REFs in Auburn Hills MI. as a home game for sparty." they get overlooked because of Iowa like we do by pro sports in Chicago. I hope we get THT, but better Iowa State then Iowa.

Last edited:
#4,046      

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
Sounds like there will be a BU in-home this week, either tomorrow or Wednesday. Needs to nail it to get THT on board.

He will really need to hit it out of the park to give us a chance. I think we're probably sitting third here, second at the best. Hope THT proves me wrong! Would be a fantastic get.

#4,047      

starting no I dont see it when we are only losing Mark A, at least as of now. getting Mins sure he will. if we are going to play 3 guards at all times, and 4 as well there will be plenty of mins for alot of guys 6-4 6-5 who can do a little of everything. in 89 we basicly played 8 guys all from 6-4 to 6-7 liberty might of been 6-8

#4,048      

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan

How do you nail an in-home? Sleep on the couch and refuse to leave until the recruit agrees to commit to you? :eek:

#4,049      
It looks like Iowa State has lost their top 4 scorers from last year, 5 of their top 6. Those first 4 guys accounted for 58.9 ppg, 73% of their total. Those top 4 were basically the top 4 in all categories.

They've replaced them with one real strong recruit and a handful of good ones. Prohm is a good young coach but I like our outlook better than Iowa States.

If tht wants to follow some non eybl guys from Chicago to ames Iowa, more power to him. Me, I'd rather play with 2 stud pgs in an offense that lets me play wide open.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.