Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini80

Forgottonia
Do the fan turnout at Ubben or the twitter love seal the deal? No. But recruits do notice so I think the fans are doing their part. Up to the staff to close.

Do the fan turnout at Ubben or the twitter love seal the deal? No. But recruits do notice so I think the fans are doing their part. Up to the staff to close.
I think you're right that the recruits do notice, and the turnout today was less than stellar.

Tacomallini

Washington State
So are any of the 49 fans that went to Ubben today on Loyalty, and if so what did you think of QG?

So are any of the 49 fans that went to Ubben today on Loyalty, and if so what did you think of QG?
It's hard to say with a workout and no scrimmage, but he appears to be very athletic. He dunks the ball with ease. 247 shows him at 6'7", 190 lbs. He seems bigger and maybe taller to me, though it's difficult to tell as the kids helping with the workout were probably a foot shorter than him. His form was very good, but he seemed to be having an off day with his shooting.

QG’s measurables just sound like those of a boeheim guy. Long athletic 2-3ers.

Some really good players during that era with Jim Les, Voise Winters and Hersey Hawkins from Bradley, Benoit Benjamin from Creighton and Steve Harris, Ricky Ross and Herb Johnson from Tulsa.
Thirdkill, Mike Williams, Dick Versasse...some great years for BU

Tacomallini

Washington State
It's hard to say with a workout and no scrimmage, but he appears to be very athletic. He dunks the ball with ease. 247 shows him at 6'7", 190 lbs. He seems bigger and maybe taller to me, though it's difficult to tell as the kids helping with the workout were probably a foot shorter than him. His form was very good, but he seemed to be having an off day with his shooting.
thanks for the update

I think his weight is closer to 215 now as discussed a while back

If they get Shannon too, they will be a a tough team. Almost beat some decent teams last year. They are at least competitive now.
Has it happened very often that a player opens up his recruitment again after committing to a school, and then ends up going there anyway?

Is it safe to say the NCAA does not care about all the testimony surrounding DePaul’s cheating?

Didn’t Bowen’s dad testify last week that he was paid by Heirman for his son to attend LuLu? High school dirty, no doubt will be NCAA dirty!

Is it safe to say the NCAA does not care about all the testimony surrounding DePaul’s cheating?

The testimony last week involved Heirman involvement when he was the head coach at Lalu, did not involve DePaul. Unless new information comes involving Heirman violations while at DePaul, Heirman will have exposure and face possible penalties/suspensions, but not DePaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.