Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,226      

sacraig

The desert
Take a look at his posting history and then show me any relevance of his past or current recruiting posts. Whatever he is “hearing” has not been very accurate. Why keep posting this stuff?

Oh, I don't know... Maybe because this is anthread about Illinois basketball recruiting?

News flash: most of us appreciate it when people share what they've heard (assuming they aren't making things up). Most of us also realize that this can change, since these are teenagers we are recruiting, and that it may have questionable accuracy since it is basically just heresay.

If you want rock solid info, open your wallet and join a premium site. Even those guys are frequently wrong, though.

#1,228      

Loyalillini10

Urbana, IL
Take a look at his posting history and then show me any relevance of his past or current recruiting posts. Whatever he is “hearing” has not been very accurate. Why keep posting this stuff?
Wow, you just don’t get it. I am going to say this one more time: just because the outcome of a situation didn’t go the Illini’s way, does not mean that “hearing good things” is inaccurate. It is that simple. For example, a recruit can be on campus for a visit and say, “wow, I really like Illinois.” Someone hearing this passed on a message that the recruit is saying good things about Illinois. Now if that recruit goes elsewhere, that does not mean that the Illinois person did not hear good things.

Do your best to not take “hearing good things” as “this player is coming here.” You will be a lot less bitter.

#1,230      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Couldn’t the player tell Martin to please stop calling him since he was committed? If this player was fully committed, he wouldn’t have listened to Martin.
images.png
download.jpg
images.jpg

#1,231      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
yup, Ward's schtick of having some sort of inside source is getting really old. Anyone know if you can hide posts from certain users?

I'm all for people sharing what they hear and understand that things change, but after reading this site for years, I can with 100% certainty say that Ward is full of it.
click on the username you want to hide and ignore pops up....just like i did for your name....

#1,235      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
When the signed NLOI is in BU's hands is when I know, everything else is pure conjecture and subject to the " clownzo mind control syndrome"

533837393-612x612.jpg

I need a point guard and am willing to cheat, rob , steal for one
call Clownzo Martin at BR-549

#1,244      

jmilt7

Waukegan
Just a quick recap so you can add these all to your PDAs (remember those, the Palm, the Newton). I got this off a Writing Illini article.

https://writingillini.com/2018/10/1...tment-schedule-top-illini-recruiting-targets/

Oscar Tshiebwe
Decision: October 20
Time: 11:30 AM CT

Anthony Walker
Decision: October 20
Time: TBD

Drew Timme
Decision: November 14
Time: 8:00 AM CT

Quincy Guerrier
Decision: October 31
Time: 8:00 PM CT – ish (halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game)

Terrence Shannon
Decision: TBD (postponed according to his mother)
Time: TBD

It's probably illegal to quote my own post. Anyway, OT and Walker are gone. In regards to centers we are still in on Timme. Are Tre Mitchell and Jitoboh no longer viable since they both canceled their OVs? Or is there still hope? And of course, I mean "hope" as Mitchell has always been seen as unlikely (I think the money is on UConn).

Guerrier? As Obelix pointed out, "I do not have any info on either recruitment but I find it hard to believe that if Guerrier makes his pick at the halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game in a NY station and the analyst promises a "special evening" that it will not be Syracuse." So he seems also to be unlikely. CBs seem to indicate between Oregon and Syracuse.

So who else? Cockburn does not seem realistic. Payton (F)? The other Walker (Marquis) although he is a PG? JUCO route? We seem to be running out of options.

By the way, Maryland has a 2020 commit already.

Last edited:
#1,246      
It's probably illegal to quote my own post. Anyway, OT and Walker are gone. In regards to centers we are still in on Timme. Are Tre Mitchell and Jitoboh no longer viable since they both canceled their OVs? Or is there still hope? And of course, I mean "hope" as Mitchell has always been seen as unlikely (I think the money is on UConn).

Guerrier? As Obelix pointed out, "I do not have any info on either recruitment but I find it hard to believe that if Guerrier makes his pick at the halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game in a NY station and the analyst promises a "special evening" that it will not be Syracuse." So he seems also to be unlikely. CBs seem to indicate between Oregon and Syracuse.

So who else? Cockburn does not seem realistic. Payton (F)? The other Walker (Marquis) although he is a PG? JUCO route? We seem to be running out of options.

By the way, Maryland has a 2020 commit already.

Feels like an 0-for this Fall. BU will need to pull rabbits out of the hat during the Spring again. This is not the way successful recruiting goes.

#1,247      

illini80

Forgottonia
Barring a DT surprise, it seems like we are likely to miss on all our top targets. I'm not sure winning will cure whatever the problem is, but over achieving this season seems to be the best chance we have to climb out of this recruiting funk.

Has there been a less fun 5 months of football and basketball combined?

#1,249      
I was at the workout today. Not sure what you guys want to hear but you really can’t see the caliber of a player based on a 20 min workout with no defense. He’s obviously a good fit for the offense. Skilled around the basket and a good high releasing mid range jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.