Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,701      
I was at the game. It was completely lopsided. The ten point loss was almost twice that as the game progressed.

My only point (to PlayAZ) was that UCF is a good team and plays decent competition.

Understood my overall opinion is that that is a lower level school against lesser competition for the most part in comparision.

#1,703      
Hypothetical best case scenario outside of Top 100....IF we were to recruit them....

Antwan January # 131 -
Emanuel Taban # 171 -
Mahamadou Diawara # 177 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7umcB3x_h7E

John Harge? ReClass from 2018?

Or we can wait till spring for the next late class to signup....which we may have to do by default.

As reported way back when....lol, just glad we are trying to land January in November!

#1,706      
Guerrier interview he mentions candy, can’t remember if there was a football game or not, and said fans paid $10,000 to watch him workout. Has much more to say about Cuse and Oregon. Lol. He’s not coming here that’s for sure.

#1,707      

IllFanInMi

I
Guerrier interview he mentions candy, can’t remember if there was a football game or not, and said fans paid $10,000 to watch him workout. Has much more to say about Cuse and Oregon. Lol. He’s not coming here that’s for sure.

Quick, someone send him a Halloween gift bag full of the best candy and if we can get him the lead role in a Candy Man sequel, we got him! Good thing there wasn’t a football game, that wouldn’t have been real sweet😋

We now know why BU can’t close, selling system fit, pt, great guards, program history, positionless basketball, development, NBA readiness and academics doesn’t work.

SHOW ME THE CANDY!

#1,709      

Loyalillini10

Urbana, IL
Well I wouldn’t say “for sure” but I don’t think it I likely.

Oregon can really woo these kids with the facilities and the gear.

#1,710      

Deleted member 746094

D

$10,000 to watch him workout??? Not even sure where that would come from?

Oregon- Mom loves it, Nike guy, Bol Bol, and amazing facilities

Cuse- fellow Canadians, nice restaurant and knows a few of the players already

Illini- candy on the bed at hotel, may have...wait, no football game and...”that’s about it”

I am a big fan of BU, but this is disheartening. I know this interview doesn’t tell everything, but for a top recruit to leave with those as his strongest memories of his visit here is kind of embarrassing. Sounds like we didn’t even play Fortnite with the kid!

#1,712      

Oregon- Mom loves it, Nike guy, Bol Bol, and amazing facilities

Cuse- fellow Canadians, nice restaurant and knows a few of the players already

Illini- candy on the bed at hotel, may have...wait, no football game and...”that’s about it”

I am a big fan of BU, but this is disheartening. I know this interview doesn’t tell everything, but for a top recruit to leave with those as his strongest memories of his visit here is kind of embarrassing. Sounds like we didn’t even play Fortnite with the kid!

I'd be interested to know what our official visits are like. I know all the recruits say that they have a good time but all the tidbits that I get from those visits sound pretty lame. And this sounds like an Oregon lean.

#1,713      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I'd be interested to know what our official visits are like. I know all the recruits say that they have a good time but all the tidbits that I get from those visits sound pretty lame. And this sounds like an Oregon lean.

Honestly, do you think we stand a chance against Nike U? Sure, there may be the occasional anomalies (due to roster makeup or geography), but c'mon.

That said, I think he's going to 'Cuse. One thing's for sure, we've lost again.

#1,715      
If we get Timme, and basically anyone else......I'm happy.

This is looking like our best case scenario. Timme and and someone like Gueye would be really solid. Would be happy with Payton, too. Speaking of Payton, would love to hear some more opinions of his game. Looks like he's a solid athlete but hard to get a read on his skill level.

#1,716      

It aint Oregon. It's gonna be Cuse

#1,717      
It aint Oregon. It's gonna be Cuse

I think it is just a coincidence, but we have not been successful with recruitments that Oregon has been involved, whether that recruit eventually ended up at Oregon or another (not UI) school.

#1,718      

t7nich

Central IL
I am disappointed that there have been neither leaks nor wild speculation about the Timme visit today.

Family keeping it tight lipped. I'll be shocked if anything substantial comes out before his announcement day. But we should have as good a shot as anybody here. Underwood really needs to close on this one. Would be huge.

#1,719      
I think it is just a coincidence, but we have not been successful with recruitments that Oregon has been involved, whether that recruit eventually ended up at Oregon or another (not UI) school.

Well Oregon is Oregon kids love the glitz and glam.

#1,720      
Family keeping it tight lipped. I'll be shocked if anything substantial comes out before his announcement day. But we should have as good a shot as anybody here. Underwood really needs to close on this one. Would be huge.

Yeah, this is a big recruitment. Hopefully we close on him. With our PGs/wings, plus Kipper we have a load of talent and need a big. It's wide open for you Mr. Timme. Come on down!

#1,721      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Everyone said the same about Liddell and Okoro and Whitney, too.

#1,723      

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Yeah, this is a big recruitment. Hopefully we close on him. With our PGs/wings, plus Kipper we have a load of talent and need a big. It's wide open for you Mr. Timme. Come on down!

This one is big in the sense that Underwood himself, not Chin or OA has developed this relationship. Hopefully he can seal this one up and calm down all the haters.

#1,725      

I went to Guerrier's workout. As I recall, there were probably 15-20 guys sitting courtside at Ubben watching the workout. Someone next to me said there was some type of meeting prior to the workout involving large contributors to the program, and that those individuals were now courtside watching Guerrier. The rest of us minions were up top watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.