Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we be writing stuff like that about brucie a few years ago too. coaches maturate and get better over time just like players. maybe martin found a home in como like webber in kansas. at least martin's not under ncaa scrutiny like our guy, brad.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/the-hot-seat-which-college-basketball-coaches-are-in-danger-of-losing-their-job/
That article you linked is just stupid. Lamont Evans wasn't breaking rules to get players into OSU or S. Carolina, he was breaking rules trying to get guys to an agent AFTER school once the players went pro. So HC responsibility for something that didn't benefit the HC and didn't benefit the school, that makes a load of sense! Talk about weak reporting.

Trent, Miller and Curbelo would be an extremely dynamic backcourt next year if we could land those two.
Without a doubt they are awesome and i hope we get them asap. I also will be interested to see where the transfers fit in. I recall us missing on recruiting transfers from smaller schools like Tulsa or ISU that this board undervalued and were studs. i hope we can find a Jordan Clarkson or similar talent among our current transfers to challenge any incoming recruits for starting minutes.

Said it would be November not too long ago.

I'll stick with that until I hear differently, could always be sooner but early November was the target date.

Landing Curbelo and Miller in November would be the best-case scenario. Lets staff focus on 2021 in the fall instead of the spring.
Early signing period, November 13-November 20

Status
Not open for further replies.