Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6' 4" guard 2022 Michael Zanoni from Providence Day Charlotte, NC will be taking unofficial to Champaign this Saturday. He lit it up this summer for Team CP3 15U. Providence Day consistently puts out big time D1 talent in several sports including Dotson at KU currently. Both parents have degrees from Illinois. Also his trainer has ties to Underwood through his time at South Carolina.

Reactions: jagaf22, Indy Illini Fan, Illini_matt and 5 others
Michigan gets a commitment from #12/2020 recruit Isaiah Todd, 6'10" forward. It was down to Kansas and UM.

Reactions: Indy Illini Fan
Michigan gets a commitment from #12/2020 recruit Isaiah Todd, 6'10" forward. It was down to Kansas and UM.

Moms don't like stripper poles.

Reactions: Travis1173, Indy Illini Fan, drsmitty74 and 2 others
Chicago
Curbelo, Weston, Quinn, Poulakidas, and Casey I guess. Seems like a lot but apparently the staff isn't worried about it.

can't read the tweets at work. how many are OFFICIAL vs unofficial?

Feeling we will get 2/3 of Miller, Curbello, Robinson. BU offense is high intensity for the guard position. Not just minutes available but valuable minutes.

I can't see Miller going away for the sake of it. Strong ties to the program plus proximity to Peoria. I think we recruit Curbello hard and the other two programs don't. Plus he knows a Ncaa tourny team plus PG minutes open.

Reactions: Indy Illini Fan, Dren1, foby and 4 others
The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Here's the most recent photo with all our official/unofficial visitors in a meeting on campus today.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Reactions: Shabasco, DeeeeFor3, CrazedUIFan and 11 others

Deleted member 746094

D
So rumors of probation for KU are having an effect.

Or, like Penny at Memphis, these are the high profile players a name like Juwan Howard can pull in.

Time will tell.

Reactions: jmilt7
Curbelo, Weston, Quinn, Poulakidas, and Casey I guess. Seems like a lot but apparently the staff isn't worried about it.

I guess the staff is trying to get as many recruits in to see the 8th wonder of the world before it gets shut down. KAMS.

Reactions: DeeeeFor3, Flight#33, Indy Illini Fan and 2 others
I guess the staff is trying to get as many recruits in to see the 8th wonder of the world before it gets shut down. KAMS.
Wonder? As in wonder what is so appealing about the smell of vomit and stale beer? I was wondering that myself....the world may never know!

Reactions: Tophe, Soulberries, CrazedUIFan and 1 other person
Hard for me to believe there is 45 players better than Curbelo. He reminds me of ex Miami Hurricane Angel Rodriguez....maybe that's why they're in the running.

He is much better than Angel Rodriguez imho. I want him in UIUC because he is an unselfish PG who will make the talent around him better. BU is stocking up length and shooters, need a true PG to put the pieces together.

Reactions: Indy Illini Fan and foby
He is much better than Angel Rodriguez imho. I want him in UIUC because he is an unselfish PG who will make the talent around him better. BU is stocking up length and shooters, need a true PG to put the pieces together.

This. We can win big with Curbelo. 4 years of Curbelo? Yes, please!

Reactions: Indy Illini Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.