Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. We can win big with Curbelo. 4 years of Curbelo? Yes, please!

Curbelo is such a right fit for us as a player, with talent that we have and will get (can't imagine anyone not wanting to play with an unselfish PG), and the liklihood that we are finally trending from the abyss. This kid might be just as important to this program moving forward than dare I say even Miller at this point? That said, I would love to have Curbelo and Miller or Curbelo and Robinson...more likely on the Miller/Curbelo though imo.

"Orlando Antiqua has known his dad for 20+ yrs and has recruited him the longest". Wonder how much input over the years OA may have had in his actual development...like , work on this, now this etc....to get him to this point?

jmilt7

Waukegan
Being the pessimistic Illini fan, with good reason I might add, I wonder if we get any of the three (Miller, Curbelo, Robinson). I mean, I think the various sources are indicating that Robinson is heading to Arkansa (Mussleman is coach there and can bring 'em in), Curbelo seems to be leaning to Miami, and it just seems as if Miller is just not convinced to come to Illinois (albeit, that is just a feeling I have) and haven't some people in the know say he is going to ASU? I think we have a good shot with both Curbelo and Miller just like we came down to being one of two or three teams for other players who ended up going to the "other" school. Like I said, the pessimistic Illini fan in me says that they are going elsewhere.

In one of the more weird OV's pictures here is KKR with Moses Moody at Arkansas today. That's Coach Musselman with them.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.25.21 AM.png

Being the pessimistic Illini fan, with good reason I might add, I wonder if we get any of the three (Miller, Curbelo, Robinson). I mean, I think the various sources are indicating that Robinson is heading to Arkansa (Mussleman is coach there and can bring 'em in), Curbelo seems to be leaning to Miami, and it just seems as if Miller is just not convinced to come to Illinois (albeit, that is just a feeling I have) and haven't some people in the know say he is going to ASU? I think we have a good shot with both Curbelo and Miller just like we came down to being one of two or three teams for other players who ended up going to the "other" school. Like I said, the pessimistic Illini fan in me says that they are going elsewhere.
I think we have a great chance with all 3. Arkansas is KK's home state but they already have a 4⭐ PG commit. For Curbelo I dont see him going to Oregon as they have solid guard commits in their 2019 class and they are targeting big names like Jalen Green and Nimari Burnett. Miami is our only threat for Curbelo. Adam Miller is technically down to 3, Illinois, Az State, and Az. Arizona has Dalen Terry and probably will get Puff Johnson. Arizona State has Marcus Bagley and is targeting top combo guard Josh Christopher. I'd be surprised if we didn't land at least 1/3.

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
Could someone who is close to the program please give us long distance fans a list of all the young players that are on campus with Curbello this weekend. Thanks in advance.

I know our football team is the talk of the nation right now but this is a huggggge recruiting weekend. Where is all the news and updates!?

Huge shoutout to the football for bringing some fire to the weekend. Could not have happened at a better time, so many kids on campus this weekend.

Most Notable Kids Visiting Updates:

- Curbelo is enjoying the visit. OA is spending all of his time with him. The staff is killing the visit, Curbelo is loving it.

- Coleman Hawkins came to watch practice today with his Dad and Uncle Henry. Spoke to a lot of the recruits, especially Curbelo. He will be making frequent trips to Champaign this year.

- Brandon Weston, enjoyed hanging out with Hawkins, and Chin. Grabbed a pic with Chin and BU. He will come back for a game.

- Casey spent a lot of time with Chin and Gentry. MIF pushing hard to get him on their squad. Plan is for him to come to a game later this year.

illini80

Forgottonia
Hope the recruits all stayed til the end of the game because that was amazing. Certainly has to help the energy around campus!

The simple answer is no. 1 of Curbelo or KKR in addition to Miller.

KKR unlikely. Arkansas is killing their visit this weekend.

This is correct. I'll be surprised if KKR does not commit within the week. Arkansas sort of had him on slow play as they dabbled with Kyree Walker. Strange bedfellow for Arkansas but Muss has never been known as the cleanest.
I still standby, it's Curbelo and Miller but maybe not till after the first signing period.

This is correct. I'll be surprised if KKR does not commit within the week. Arkansas sort of had him on slow play as they dabbled with Kyree Walker. Strange bedfellow for Arkansas but Muss has never been known as the cleanest.
I still standby, it's Curbelo and Miller but maybe not till after the first signing period.
On KKR and Arkansas.... Home football experience in Fayetville on Saturday (loss to Auburn 51 to 10) was not as great as epic upset celebration at UIUC.

Casey kid is a must get....reminds me of another player in the past size wise/talent, just can't think of the kid? Early need coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.