Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I can't find the bbv highlights on youtube anymore. Does anyone have a link they can find?
I can't find it anymore either, and I looked pretty hard. He looked great in that video but I guess they took it down after he committed.

texillwek

🔶🔹🔸🔷
Remember when we invited Jeremy effing Piven, he made some political rant, and it killed our midnight madness?
Hard to believe someone could be so woke in 2006 🙄
piveniconsmimarkcowan.jpg

jmilt7

Waukegan
Has anyone heard anything on Karim Mane, or are we not recruiting him anymore?
Not a whole lot of info. I found this from Corey Evans 11 days ago.

There have been rumors that Karim Mane could potentially skip college and jump directly to the NBA next spring due to his age and year of graduation. I asked Mane that directly and he stated that his intentions are to enroll in college next fall.

Mane has spoken little on his recruitment, but has also not devoted much attention towards it. That is about to change. A final list of schools or visits of any type have not been scheduled, but Mane did tell Rivals.com that Alabama, Georgetown, Illinois, Kansas, Marquette, Maryland, Memphis, Seton Hall, and Wake Forest were among those most frequently in contact with him.

Expect for Mane to schedule his official visits and for a few others to jump into the mix, but a late signing in April is the likeliest conclusion to sorting out where he will end up next year.

Wednesday Leftovers

Mane would seem to me to be a Kansas lean, unless there are implications coming. If so, Maryland/Memphis I believe would be high on his list, however the extensive ILLINI work put in may help with an Ayo presence in the NBA. If we get Miller/Curbelo we all hope right, the Mane ship will have sailed...if not already.

Mane would seem to me to be a Kansas lean, unless there are implications coming. If so, Maryland/Memphis I believe would be high on his list, however the extensive ILLINI work put in may help with an Ayo presence in the NBA. If we get Miller/Curbelo we all hope right, the Mane ship will have sailed...if not already.

Just concerned about running low on OV on players we will not get. Seems like the type if player that won't suit up at Illinois.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Hypothetical 2020 Class: Miller, Curbelo, Hawkins

247 Composite Score: 58.92
Would've been the #24 class nationally in 2019 and #2 in the B1G (behind OSU).
This would be a great haul.

sacraig

The desert
I was at that event, and it was incredibly cringe-worthy. I think he started ranting against W. and we were all just looking around at each other...

God I feel you. I went to that event, as did everyone else, to watch basketball and watch our team, not an ascot-wearing turd rant against the President. I don't really care who the president was or is or what they do or did, there is no place for that at a basketball event.

Hypothetical 2020 Class: Miller, Curbelo, Hawkins

247 Composite Score: 58.92
Would've been the #24 class nationally in 2019 and #2 in the B1G (behind OSU).
This would be a great haul.

Regardless of class ranking, what’s more important is that those 3 players would come in and add depth at our positions of greatest need. 2x PG/CG and 1x PF.

Regardless of class ranking, what’s more important is that those 3 players would come in and add depth at our positions of greatest need. 2x PG/CG and 1x PF.

Does that factor in the transfers as far as class ranking?

Curbelo isn't too worried about PT here. Underwood would simply plug Curbelo into Dre's spot in the rotation within the 3 guard lineup which would ideally be Curbelo, Frazier, Miller, Giorgi, and Kofi. Then also could bring Curbelo off the bench as 6th man when BU throws Alan or Tev in there to start.

Curbelo is so talented with the ball, that BU couldn't really keep him off the floor. BU loves this kid.

We are probably running 3rd at best for KKR, likely 4th. Arkansas, Kansas, and TCU all have a better shot, they have a lot more to offer...

Lots of talk about Kouma still coming to ILL, from everything I have heard that is still the plan. The ideal plan right now is to sign 4 for 2020: Hawkins, Curbelo, Miller, and Kouma. Which means we would oversign by 1.

Oversigning by 1 with Ayo still holding a spot right?

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
I was at that event, and it was incredibly cringe-worthy. I think he started ranting against W. and we were all just looking around at each other...

I was there and from where I was sitting I could barely hear a word he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.