Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
While it's less than ideal, I'd like to see how other schools that aren't bluebloods fair in recruit top guys from their state. When some of these players draw interest from Duke, UK, KU, Villanova (with their recent success) and other schools who have been much more relevant than us, it's hard to keep kids in state when we haven't been relevant in nearly a decade and a half. I think the ones I'm most disappointed about are Lidell and Brunson, but I've only really been following UI basketball recruiting closely the last 2-3 years. Always been a fan, but just never paid attention to players until they played for UI.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Like anyone who would see that doesn't already know it in full, painful detail.

Illini in OC

In. The. Alley.
It'll be Kansas State. Weber putting together a solid class, guys who have a lot of upside.
Any comment about Bruce Weber on this or any Illini-related site
that might be construed as non-negative (i.e. positive or neutral) in any way
is prohibited and may result in your beach house being burned down.

Consider this your first warning./S

While it's less than ideal, I'd like to see how other schools that aren't bluebloods fair in recruit top guys from their state. When some of these players draw interest from Duke, UK, KU, Villanova (with their recent success) and other schools who have been much more relevant than us, it's hard to keep kids in state when we haven't been relevant in nearly a decade and a half. I think the ones I'm most disappointed about are Lidell and Brunson, but I've only really been following UI basketball recruiting closely the last 2-3 years. Always been a fan, but just never paid attention to players until they played for UI.

Good to see you Being More Illini lately....sorry couldn't resist. Not many schools that have most of their recruits that are targeted would fair well against the maching called Blue Bloods. That said one could argue maybe our targets should not have been what they were in our down years due to very little if any chance of landing said blue blood stolen recruits from us?

jmilt7

Waukegan
Clownzo needs to hire more daddies.
Yeah. This is going to be off topic a bit but I remember that when Illinois was searching for a new head coach a lot of people wanted Martin due to his recruiting skills (at least that is how I remember it, I could be wrong). So what happened? I don't follow his recruiting but it does not seem as if he has been much of a recruiting savant. And hopefully that won't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.