Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely love looking at 247 and seeing ADAM MILLER ILLINI 100 PERCENT
THEN CURBELO ILLINI 100 PERCENT... could and should be a great year for illini o. The court and on the recruiting trail...
Does anyone have any other insight on miller and curbelo?

If we get Curbelo and Miller, I have some similarities for games. Miller reminds me of Nunn with a slightly better handle, more built, and more fluid in scoring. Curbelo kind of has a game between like a slightly faster Andre Miller, less built, and better shot and not quite as fast, Tre Jones, but a little more fluid in half court.

It's theoretically possible we have a problem with total scholarships, but it's almost always the other way around --people make dream scenarios thinking we're recruiting more positions than we can ultimately take. Just doesn't work out that way. And the fact is, there's a ton of turnover in college bball that makes it even more likely you wind up scrambling late. Keep in mind we've had the scramble issue for several seasons running, despite the optimism.

This weekend's info might explain the staff's cooling on Marcus Watson back in August.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
If Miller, Curbelo, and Hawkins happens ... what will we do this spring? We can't complain about enough official visits or check the transfer portal daily.
Hopefully enjoy a tourney run and then reflect on the past season and said tourney run before dreaming about the next season. You know, like the old days.

Hopefully enjoy a tourney run and then reflect on the past season and said tourney run before dreaming about the next season. You know, like the old days.

Heh thats what I was gonna say... NOT be following recruiting during the big dance!! :peace:

Great news regarding curbelo if true. Does anyone know how well he plays?
Also the latest posts seem to indicate Miller is ours. Did I miss something?

All you freaking people can't freakin stand prosperity if we get the 2 guards and Hawkins? you know who goes? Hamlin, from Lincoln. 4 scholarships you guys need to wake up and quit bitching, these coaches are doing their job! quit moaning. Your the same !!! Bums who are sitting in your seats clapping. Pathetic. Stand up old folks, that's been a huge problem in BB and football. Period
what are you even upset about?

All you freaking people can't freakin stand prosperity if we get the 2 guards and Hawkins? you know who goes? Hamlin, from Lincoln. 4 scholarships you guys need to wake up and quit bitching, these coaches are doing their job! quit moaning. Your the same !!! Bums who are sitting in your seats clapping. Pathetic. Stand up old folks, that's been a huge problem in BB and football. Period
Sorry. I’ll use the sidewalk next time.☺️

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

You forgot "Get off my lawn."

If Miller, Curbelo, and Hawkins happens ... what will we do this spring? We can't complain about enough official visits or check the transfer portal daily.

Start reviewing the lack of progress with locking up Kofi's replacement, the transfer out prior to 2021, or the overall lack of signing the 21,22,23 class' ahead of schedule so that we can focus on the 24,25,26 class.... ;)

I’m loving the good vibes, but I’m still waiting til they announce to proclaim them ours.

With you. The ultimate Illini kick in the teeth would be being convinced we have them both and then getting let down.
The last time I recall everyone being very confident about 2 players was Matt Humphrey and Michael Dunigan. They went to Oregon. Maybe more positive signs for Miller and Curbelo. Humphrey and Dunigan were more speculation I recall.

texillwek

🔶🔹🔸🔷
Attach35473_20191022_082934.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.