Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1572460603041.gif

Soulberries

University of Illinois
Who is it? That's not our logo.

I really wish the Athletics would email the proper logos to recruits and Tipton Edits, and all the other recruiting services and companies creating graphics for recruits - if they haven't already.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Looking at the original tweet from Curbello when he announced his final 2. I so wish that twitter response had something to actually do with recruiting players. About 98% of the responses were all Illini fans.

I really wish the Athletics would email the proper logos to recruits and Tipton Edits, and all the other recruiting services and companies creating graphics for recruits - if they haven't already.

This and when recruits say Illinois University doesn't really bother me much. Yeah I know it is wrong, but if they come, they'll learn soon enough. And if they don't, well then who cares.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Looking at the original tweet from Curbello when he announced his final 2. I so wish that twitter response had something to actually do with recruiting players. About 98% of the responses were all Illini fans.
Maybe the Miami fans have seen all the crystal balls pointing to Illinois and just gave up

I didn't mean it was a new movie. I'm 35 and Billy Maddison came out when I was a kid. Most of Wards' posts have references that suggest he is much older than mid-30s or 40s. So Billy Madison may be the newest reference we get.
Maybe he was thinking of Dolly just kidding

Only thing I am worried about with Curbello decision is the recent NCAA move to allow athletes to earn money from their likeness. In my opinion, Miami is the stronger Puerto Rican population. Would he sell more Jersey's to Miami or Illini Nation? Something to think about beyond Nike/Adidas.

Only thing I am worried about with Curbello decision is the recent NCAA move to allow athletes to earn money from their likeness. In my opinion, Miami is the stronger Puerto Rican population. Would he sell more Jersey's to Miami or Illini Nation? Something to think about beyond Nike/Adidas.

Miami students (and locals) are too busy watching UM football, or working on their tans, to care much about some roundball player. But yeah, even though most stateside Puerto Ricans live in NY/NJ, there's certainly more in SoFla than C-U.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
Miami students (and locals) are too busy watching UM football, or working on their tans, to care much about some roundball player. But yeah, even though most stateside Puerto Ricans live in NY/NJ, there's certainly more in SoFla than C-U.

Y'all have clearly never been in Humboldt Park 😂

If you told them a Puerto Rican kid was playing for Illinois, I promise you that 85% of the folks there would be wearing his Illinois jersey. And they'd buy it in every possible color

Pretty sure he'd sell more jerseys to the larger and more passionate fan base, which also happens to be putting a point guard in the league this year.

The NCAA isn’t allowing athletes to earn money from their own likeness quite yet.

They’ve essentially agreed that they’re no longer going to prevent it, but have said specifics will need to be established for each division and they’ve set up working groups to start the process that begin next spring.

An issue as complex as this will not be resolved or go into effect for a long time. For example, the California law that forced the NCAAs hand on this doesn’t even go into effect until 2023. I’d expect a similar timeline from the NCAA on implementation.

Of course, it’s very unlikely that high school kids will realize this. But sadly, it’s unlikely that class of 2020 kids will have much of a chance before they’ve exhausted eligibility.

I'm glad when people use the old logo myself. I like it better and it's got history.

Status
Not open for further replies.