Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is seemingly right on course, Post #346 from September‘s Recruiting Thread:

“hearing that Hopkins has already made his choice and rumors are FLYIN’ that it could come as early as this weekend or the beginning of next week 😳

I can’t go through another week like last's so just hold onto your butts fellas, were gonna ride this thing out together ✨🔸🙏🏼🔹✨

The Khalil Whitney experiment at UK did not help UK with regards to Hopkins. OTOH, the rise to fame for Ayo in Chicago has not gone unnoticed by Hopkins.
Hopkins has more skill.. Whitney more of a freak athlete. Im glad. Every kid shouldn't go to Kentucky. Just because you are an all american doesn't mean you will be successful there. They have alot of McDonald's all Americans transfer out every year. Hopkins would be a surprise addition & great job by Chin.

Hopkins has more skill.. Whitney more of a freak athlete. Im glad. Every kid shouldn't go to Kentucky. Just because you are an all american doesn't mean you will be successful there. They have alot of McDonald's all Americans transfer out every year. Hopkins would be a surprise addition & great job by Chin.

Where is Whitney going now? I would love to see him here. I will duck as I assume this has been talked about ad nauseam but I missed it.

This is seemingly right on course, Post #346 from September‘s Recruiting Thread:

“hearing that Hopkins has already made his choice and rumors are FLYIN’ that it could come as early as this weekend or the beginning of next week 😳

I can’t go through another week like last's so just hold onto your butts fellas, were gonna ride this thing out together ✨🔸🙏🏼🔹✨
105E5F36-6BF6-4FBA-B166-BF607483D7FC.gif

Where is Whitney going now? I would love to see him here. I will duck as I assume this has been talked about ad nauseam but I missed it.

He entered The NBA Draft. Most of the mocks ive seen he is going undrafted. The bright side for him is this is one of the worst drafts ever. I think he made a poor decision but who knows??

for us, Illini fans who would you say is the better player between EJ Liddel or Bryce Hopkins I already know totally different games but I guess Bryce would be a 4/ hybrid 3 if he comes to uofi.

for us, Illini fans who would you say is the better player between EJ Liddel or Bryce Hopkins I already know totally different games but I guess Bryce would be a 4/ hybrid 3 if he comes to uofi.
Right now Hopkins is the better player but will reassess if he goes to IU. He is definitely a different piece than we currently have. Like to think Jordan Murphy in Orange. (Liddell would have been much better in Orange).

We are sitting pretty right now with Sam Ayomide....
Not so pretty with hopkins at this point..
I believe hopkins goes to Kentucky or Indiana...
Ayomide comes here.. we shall see
You sure you have the right names? Ayomide isn't coming here.

altenberger22

South Carolina

Love his game.
I had not bothered checking his video, previously thinking he was a lock to KY. Now that we're in the conversation, however, I finally watched his tape and he's most definitely an inside 4 type of guy compared to Nesbitt who has a much nicer outside game. I tend to think we're more in need of the inside talent. Let's go Chin!

I had not bothered checking his video, previously thinking he was a lock to KY. Now that we're in the conversation, however, I finally watched his tape and he's most definitely an inside 4 type of guy compared to Nesbitt who has a much nicer outside game. I tend to think we're more in need of the inside talent. Let's go Chin!

I couldn’t agree more. He’s a wizard off the dribble and in the paint. As the narrator says, he’s a jump shot away from being a top 10-15 recruit.

edit: Which is saying something because his jump shot isn’t bad at all.

Last edited:
There’s actually more to these rumors regarding the announcement and the timing of it, but I think a better, more seasoned insider on here has that scoop so I won’t take it from him...

But multiple sources are now confirming this movement on the Hopkins front 👏🏽👏🏽

There’s actually more to these rumors regarding the announcement and the timing of it, but I think a better, more seasoned insider on here has that scoop so I won’t take it from him...

But multiple sources are now confirming this movement on the Hopkins front 👏🏽👏🏽
Saaaaawwwweeeett! Appreciate the info my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.