Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you think its likely he will make his commitment choice? The kids a perfect 4 in Illinois system. Definitely can play the 3 offensively

1602089189275.gif

There’s actually more to these rumors regarding the announcement and the timing of it, but I think a better, more seasoned insider on here has that scoop so I won’t take it from him...

But multiple sources are now confirming this movement on the Hopkins front 👏🏽👏🏽

I heard there’s a potential Sunday afternoon commitment to our staff. The public announcement could be delayed until Tuesday/Wednesday though.

There’s actually more to these rumors regarding the announcement and the timing of it, but I think a better, more seasoned insider on here has that scoop so I won’t take it from him...

But multiple sources are now confirming this movement on the Hopkins front 👏🏽👏🏽
I heard there’s a potential Sunday afternoon commitment to our staff. The public announcement could be delayed until Tuesday/Wednesday though.
Digging right now. Be back later!

How does oversigning work? I thought the rule is a school could be oversigned by 1, but isn’t Memphis something like +3 or 4 right now, so potentially +5 if they get Ayomide? Do they just tell the kids not to sign until spring, when spots will open up either by kids on the roster declaring or being chased off? Just wondering how they can have so many commits on a full roster.

How does oversigning work? I thought the rule is a school could be oversigned by 1, but isn’t Memphis something like +3 or 4 right now, so potentially +5 if they get Ayomide? Do they just tell the kids not to sign until spring, when spots will open up either by kids on the roster declaring or being chased off? Just wondering how they can have so many commits on a full roster.

There is apparently no limit on oversigning, certainly none on commitments. They have to be down to 13 by a certain date. I think that's the day practice starts? I think maybe there has to be a contingency plan.

I can't find that a rule restricting over signing at all. I'm not sure one exists. Very few athletic scholarships are guaranteed for 4 years. The VAST majority of them are renewed annually. Rosters are so fluid these days, no coach in America really knows who he will have suiting up next fall. Up until signing day, they don't even know which commitments will be honored. Kids are mixed up and pressured in all variety of ways. Over-signing probably has a bigger impact on the future of guys currently on the roster than other interested prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.