Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another kid from Prolific Prep also committed to UCSB yesterday (think Toure also played on the Oakland Soldiers with Sow). Play with a friend on a beautiful campus with nice weather (SB calls itself the American Riviera) or come to a midwest winter? Not too hard to understand this one.

Prolific Prep Retweeted
Daniel Poulter‏ @DanielJPoulter 17h17 hours ago
Looks like UCSB has got their second @ProlificPrep player this time in 2018 guard @juniortoure11. Athlete and lock down defender.

Prolific Prep Retweeted
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 17h17 hours ago
Prolific Prep 6-9 forward Amadou Sow told ESPN he has committed to UCSB. Helped lead Oakland Soldiers to Peach Jam title.

I could understand playing with a friends on a great campus. But to play in the Big West or whatever conference as opposed to taking a Power 5 major opportunity is a little bewildering.

Any Tim Finke updates? Are we still recruiting him? I know he visited recently but I saw now that Loyola is recruiting him hard. Have the high major offers gone away or is there just a spot for Loyola to try to slip in? I really like him as a player- It seems a little crazy that one tough stretch during the summer would reduce interest down to Loyola. And Tim's Top 5 was a good group of schools. So what gives with the whole Loyola coaching staff coming to see him?

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Any Tim Finke updates? Are we still recruiting him? I know he visited recently but I saw now that Loyola is recruiting him hard. Have the high major offers gone away or is there just a spot for Loyola to try to slip in? I really like him as a player- It seems a little crazy that one tough stretch during the summer would reduce interest down to Loyola. And Tim's Top 5 was a good group of schools. So what gives with the whole Loyola coaching staff coming to see him?

From what I've seen on here, he had a poor summer. My guess is at least some schools have cooled on him, including the schools on his list.

Poor Tim had a dreadful AAU season. Couldn't buy a bucket, save for some flashes here and there. I am sure that caused the high majors to cool on him, and Loyola probably sees an opportunity to sneak away with a player who is almost certainly better than his summer indicates.

His senior year of high school ball should be elucidating. Maybe this summer was a fluke. But now, even if he does well, the question of "can he perform against stiff competition" is baked into his recruitment. Summer ball put him in an awkward spot, and his player ranking reflects that.

As far as Illinois goes, our current targets make me think Tim has fallen down their list, too. I think he's turned into a backup option.

All opinion, no inside knowledge.

Staff not actively recruiting him as a priority. Fallback option.

What happens when we offer somebody, and they commit during their Junior year then they have a bad summer. Do universities still honor those or can/do they rescind that offer? If the Universities can't rescind them I don't know why more don't commit in their Junior year to protect that offer. (I hope this makes sense).

What happens when we offer somebody, and they commit during their Junior year then they have a bad summer. Do universities still honor those or can/do they rescind that offer? If the Universities can't rescind them I don't know why more don't commit in their Junior year to protect that offer. (I hope this makes sense).
Offers get yanked if you play bad enough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

" the hardest decision of my life" sounds a little like breaking up with a girlfriend and telling the illini "its not you, its me"

Or "Dad really wants me to go to Iowa State, but I kind of like Underwood and what Illinois has to offer."

Most likely the coach will have a coming to Jesus moment with the recruit about his future role with the team. More often than not I would expect the recruit to re-open his recruiting to save face or go to prep-school for a year.

On the flip-side if the recruit refuses to do either most coaches would honor said scholarship offer.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Its all about opportunity now isn't it? I got a good feeling about a

Ayo/Nolley/Conditt/THT class happening!!:chief::chief:
After much alone time and soul searching​, I've come to the conclusion that I would be okay with that class.

After much alone time and soul searching​, I've come to the conclusion that I would be okay with that class.

Soul Searching......is that what they call it nowadays, what you do during your alone time....good to know. TMI though...:eek::)

As long as we get one of Ayo or THT I'll be ok with whoever surrounds them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 10676

D
Xavier back in to see Ayo. Memphis has their in-home tonight.

Mac Irvin Fire‏ @TheMacIrvinFire 52m52 minutes ago
Watching Morgan Park open gym. Xavier and Memphis in the Building

Deleted member 10676

D
Jason Thompson‏ @jthompson247
Very impressed with #Loyola HC Porter Moser. He and his entire staff watched 2018 Champaign Central's Tim Finke tonight.

Dan

Admin
Top priority big man Colin Castleton told me he & parents just met w/ #Illini HC Brad Underwood for two hours. Relationship keeps building.

Castleton said #Illini assistant Orlando Antigua plans to see him next week. Really sees a fit at Illinois. Staff is pushing him hard.

https://twitter.com/DPiperScout

Status
Not open for further replies.