Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,026      
Castleton is going to end up at Illinois. They aren't pushing for Conditt for a reason. Again they will certainly take his commitment though.
I agree. And hopefully Castleton will see the urgency with Purdue drying up (but yikes...not Michigan).

First 247 CB for Landers to us. A Maryland guy, who does not look familiar.

#1,027      
I'm still curious why THT has never really seemed very interested in us. Might always be a mystery.

#1,031      
Castleton, Nolley, Conditt all going to decide in October.

Hearing that Ayo will sign in the fall.

Really think we will get 3 of the 4...:shield:

The first day of Fall is on the 22nd. All of these guys are signing in the Fall.

#1,032      
Guess it depends on how you view that UF visit - I was expecting him to commit while he was there.

Maybe it's just overly optimistic, but that was my take too. If he had a committable scholarship and/or really liked how he would fit, then it seems you pull the trigger on the dream school. That he is now saying an October commitment seems like the UF ship has sailed as it seems improbable that all of their other targets would be off the board and none of them going to UF.

But....Michigan...

#1,033      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Florida is also heavily invested in 5* PF Emmitt Williams/IMG Academy. No way Gators will accept Castleton's commitment until Williams and the other choices you mentioned before Castleton are resolved.

Yes.

Also will get one of Iggy or Moore at SF. Need 2 guards. That's why I have continued to say Castleton to Florida is unlikely. Have 3 rides and 4 more pressing options.

#1,035      

jmilt7

Waukegan
The first day of Fall is on the 22nd. All of these guys are signing in the Fall.

Can't let this go. First day of astronomical fall is the 22nd (equinox). First day of meteorological fall is the 1st. Neither one is "official".

#1,036      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Yes.

Also will get one of Iggy or Moore at SF. Need 2 guards. That's why I have continued to say Castleton to Florida is unlikely. Have 3 rides and 4 more pressing options.

Good info, thanks.

Pretty sure that Castleton is having (or had) a Gator epiphany. Not excited about his later commitment date (but that can change).

The great thing about this forum is that, beyond the chaff, there's a lot of salient info that would be nigh impossible for a solitary, albeit rabid (chomp chomp), fan to glean.

Last edited:
#1,038      
The great thing about this forum is that, beyond the chaff, there's a lot of salient info that would be nigh impossible for a solitary, albeit rabid (comp chomp), fan to glean.
That is elegantly stated. It's why I visit, really.

I also appreciate the on-point usage of the Oxford comma.

#1,039      
It's hard not to get excited about the future of the program and the potential additions we could make to next years team with the 2018 recruiting class. If you add Ayo, Castleton, and Nolley, you would have to love our teams chances of being very very good. Our guard play would arguably be the best in the Big Ten. And you would feel comfortable with our post players with a senior Finke & Black with Jr. Nichols, Soph Spicy G, Soph Vesel, and Fresh Castleton

#1,041      
I'm still curious why THT has never really seemed very interested in us. Might always be a mystery.

Color me confused. He's visited numerous times and had an in-home visit. He isn't jumping around and talking about how much he loves it here but he hasn't done that about anywhere else either. He isn't wearing orange and blue every day but I wouldn't say he's never really seemed very interested.

#1,042      
I agree. And hopefully Castleton will see the urgency with Purdue drying up (but yikes...not Michigan).

First 247 CB for Landers to us. A Maryland guy, who does not look familiar.

I agree with you. I just saw an analyst comment on twitter that the longer Castleton stays uncommitted the better it is for the Illini. I don't feel that way at all. I don't want to wait to see what Florida's top priorities end up doing. Then if the other guys commit to other schools they will be all over Colin. I also don't want other schools to try to get involved after their priorities sign elsewhere. I have had enough of Michigan with the Simpson recruitment. Not interested in any repeats.

#1,044      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

giphy.gif

#1,048      
2018 F Colin Castleton is hosting Michigan Staff at workout tonight. Then hosting them for “in-home” at his school, per sources.
https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/910503072459378688

Excluding Purdue, seems like much hasn't been said about other suitors outside of IL & Florida. I wonder where Florida State, Xavier and others involved previously sit with him now. It seems like Michigan would be a quality option to the scenario of Florida holding out while Conditt verbals to us on Oct 2.

#1,049      
Let me introduce you to, get this... the Spring signing period. I believe his point is that Ayo would not be waiting until the Spring.

I understand the Spring signing period. Ayo is not the type to hold out until then. I'm tired of the pretend insiders. Of course these guys are signing in the fall.

#1,050      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH

Don't worry, you'll see plenty of theories on his recruitment. Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.