Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If EJ makes it thru this weekend without committing and we get our visit I like our chances.

From what I know on EJ Liddell and his recruitment, don't expect to commit while on visit, so it will not likely happen while at Mizzou. But it is a long way (literally and metaphorically) until his Illini visit.

Looking at Anthony Walker's remaining visits: Pitt, then Rhode Island, then Miami, then a little break before VCU. Being from New Hampshire, absolutely I see him taking that Miami OV, so in my opinion, we won't see a commitment for a while. Miami is great in October (versus New Hampshire).

Looking at Anthony Walker's remaining visits: Pitt, then Rhode Island, then Miami, then a little break before VCU. Being from New Hampshire, absolutely I see him taking that Miami OV, so in my opinion, we won't see a commitment for a while. Miami is great in October (versus New Hampshire).

He is not actually from New Hampshire, he is a Baltimore kid, will just transfer this weekend to NH to attend boarding school for the first time. Brewster Academy has a very nice campus. Location will not be an issue from what I have heard.

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Walker plays aggressive in that hudl video! More of what coach wants and needs. The Mike Davis comparison is pretty accurate. I also like that most of the guys he goes after seem to be able to finish at the rim.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Walker plays aggressive in that hudl video! More of what coach wants and needs. The Mike Davis comparison is pretty accurate. I also like that most of the guys he goes after seem to be able to finish at the rim.

Give him a year with Fletch and the program, and he's the type of kid who can match up much better with 6' 9" guys (e.g., Tyler Cook, MSU legions) than what we've had lately. Good-VG athleticism. Hope we land him!

Speaking of Walker and Miami.:)

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 2.42.32 PM.png

sacraig

The desert
Great, he bonded with a guy that wouldn't even be here if he did choose us.

Literally every player on the team - currently, in the entire history of the program, and in the entire future of the program - is here because they chose us.

Great, he bonded with a guy that wouldn't even be here if he did choose us.
Literally every player on the team - currently, in the entire history of the program, and in the entire future of the program - is here because they chose us.
I think his point was he bonded with a senior who wont be playing with him if he comes here. I dont think that's either here nor there. AJ, by all accounts, is a fantastic ambassador for the university. Heck, he's suffered through arguably the worst 3+ years in recent Illini history when no one else in his class did the same. That's saying something.

Not sure what you interpreted from the post, but I'm almost as positive as you we never held someone captive and force him to play for the team, for whatever thats worth :)

sacraig

The desert
I think his point was he bonded with a senior who wont be playing with him if he comes here. I dont think that's either here nor there. AJ, by all accounts, is a fantastic ambassador for the university. Heck, he's suffered through arguably the worst 3+ years in recent Illini history when no one else in his class did the same. That's saying something.

Not sure what you interpreted from the post, but I'm almost as positive as you we never held someone captive and force him to play for the team, for whatever thats worth :)

Ah, his repeated use of "he" made it somewhat ambiguous which player pertained to which "he." I see what he was saying now.

EJ and McKinney both visiting Mizzou this weekend....both want to play together...and EJ review of Ohio State visit stated he may only take "2 or 3" of his visits....we are currently # 5 in line.....Doesn't look good if all that is true.

Xavier Foster in Iowa this weekend also, only visit he has currently set, has an offer from us 6-11 Soph very athletic kid who I would love to have on the ILLINI....similiar to Anthony Davis type of player. He could be that good.

EJ and McKinney both visiting Mizzou this weekend....both want to play together...and EJ review of Ohio State visit stated he may only take "2 or 3" of his visits....we are currently # 5 in line.....Doesn't look good if all that is true.

Hasn't ever looked good, but yeah, if a prospect takes a visit and then says he may only take 2 or 3, and one of those is this already up this weekend, that looks even worse for us.

I'd have guessed we had a 5% chance. I'm taking that down to 2%. YMMV

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Xavier Foster in Iowa this weekend also, only visit he has currently set, has an offer from us 6-11 Soph very athletic kid who I would love to have on the ILLINI....similiar to Anthony Davis type of player. He could be that good.
Kid is legit. I've had a chance to see him play a couple of times. Zero inside info on him, but I don't like the odds of us getting him. His h.s. has some really strong Iowa ties. Former Iowa safety Tyler Sash (sky point) is from his high school and is a legend in that area.

Deleted member 643761

D

When he first posted his schedule, my gut told me that he'd never make it to our weekend. I thought our best hope, and still do, was that he'd reschedule us into the gap he's got between visits 2 and 3.

Is he saying they're "Losers"? That's gotta bode well for us.

It's hard to narrow it down without any additional context. I'm sure it's not something worth looking too much into though.

Status
Not open for further replies.