Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of "insider" info can (shouldn't be) relayed off of a premium 24/7 site....some the info posted here or insinuated here today is on there...jsut saying?

But we do have a few posters that have a bonafide link to coaches (or something). These are the ones that I pay attention to. These types, as a rule, do not out their source, and they tend to be pretty guarded by principle. But they will let things drop that don't make their way to premium sites. Like many have mentioned, Stu is part of that crowd. Luckylefty is another.

Nothing to see here, Stu posted before the date stamp from Brian Snow...the real question is where did Brian get his info?

Is this a multiple choice question?

A) Hairdresser
B) Taco Bell
C) Original Pancake House
D) All of the above

jrod1286

Pat Chambers
Illinois
If we get a visit, and he throws out the other 2 remaining OVs it is down to 1/3 vs 1/5, & we at least get an at-bat...as is there is some risk with the late visit we never get to the plate.
Wisky is making a hard push....

He's taken visits to Ohio St. and Mizzouri. Now he's ready to move up his timetable. Can't see how that's good for Illinois....even if the Illini still get a visit. Seems the kid knows and has seen what he wants. Hope we get the chance to change his mind.
Just curious to know why if he knows already what he wants, why he would waste time with a visit and/or an in-home with someone he has no interest in. If a person truly has decided and wants to end the recruiting process, that would seem counterproductive to their goal. Now, if he takes no more visits, than I would be inclined to agree with you, but if he takes another visit, then that means he is not sure. He could be 99% sure, but he isn't 100% sure or I believe he wouldn't bother with another visit.

sacraig

The desert
He's taken visits to Ohio St. and Mizzouri. Now he's ready to move up his timetable. Can't see how that's good for Illinois....even if the Illini still get a visit. Seems the kid knows and has seen what he wants. Hope we get the chance to change his mind.

It all depends. If the rumor is true that he plans to basically cancel two visits and move one up, it means he has seen two contenders and feels at least two of the remaining schools just can't measure up and wants to see the third remaining school sooner rather than later and then get the process over with. That is not necessarily bad for school #3. It means he still wants to give them a shot, but it does also imply they have to play catch-up a little bit. Hopefully this is all true and we are school #3.

Vastly better than pulling the plug on his recruitment and committing. It appears we'll be given the opportunity to make our case. And that is most definitely a very good thing.

As stated above, it would take two other schools out of the running as well. If I were him, I wouldn't want to drag this out over his senior season. Deciding in early fall seems like the smart play.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Just curious to know why if he knows already what he wants, why he would waste time with a visit and/or an in-home with someone he has no interest in. If a person truly has decided and wants to end the recruiting process, that would seem counterproductive to their goal. Now, if he takes no more visits, than I would be inclined to agree with you, but if he takes another visit, then that means he is not sure. He could be 99% sure, but he isn't 100% sure or I believe he wouldn't bother with another visit.
My guess would be that BU would push for an in home, and wouldn't view it as a waste of his time. One last opportunity to state your case and possibly change his mind or keep things open. Any chance to sit down at home is a good one.

He is a teenager, we were all counter productive in general at that age...:sneaky:
Except, it has pointed out ad nauseam that the kids don't make the decision on their own; that their parents, their families, their AAU coaches, their handlers, someone else is involved which would prevent this.

Except, it has pointed out ad nauseam that the kids don't make the decision on their own; that their parents, their families, their AAU coaches, their handlers, someone else is involved which would prevent this.
From everything I've read, the only parties involved in his decision will be the kid and his parents....as it should be.

Oscar T, Timme, Guerrier, Liddell, Shannon
Pick three, tough choice. Happy with two of first four and call it a great class.

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Liddell, Oscar T, and Timme. We need 4s and 5s not guards/wings.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Rivals updated their 2019 rankings today. Tshiebwe up to 21 (5 star). Timme, 29. Liddell, 44. Shannon, 46.

UCLA & Florida at IMG today to see Shannon.

We should be ecstatic about any of the above but it's more than likely we'll end up with neither of them.
Yes more likely we will end up with none of them. Hope I’m wrong but we know how it goes

Rivals updated their 2019 rankings today. Tshiebwe up to 21 (5 star). Timme, 29. Liddell, 44. Shannon, 46.

UCLA & Florida at IMG today to see Shannon.

Shannon at #46 right behind Liddell....Wow, now that is impressive, not quite believable as of to date imo, but impressive ntl.

Jerry Meyer CB for Shannon to us this afternoon.

tumblr_o2rt8rH6c91roic4mo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.