Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar is a monster. Really fit in well and dominated down low. Samba tried to back him down and there was just now way. He is a solid human being. He also runs the floor very well. He probably had 15 rebounds in 20 minutes.

EJ hit several threes and physically can definitely compete. He had several big dunks. Giorgi was all over him in the post and hacking away, but he still got to the hoop.

Shannon mostly stayed on the outside and took jump shots. He can run the floor, but during the scrimmage there wasn’t a lot of fast breaks. He definitely has some work to do with his shot.

As far as current players, Ayo and Tevian were really impressive. Griffin also hit several long threes.
Thanks for the info.

Shannon made 9 threes in a row shooting around before the workouts started. He needs to tweak his release but he has a good shooting touch.

THT shot horribly during his workout but is considered a good shooter.

The recruits scrimmaged with the team. It was not an intense scrimmage. As usual, the teams went out of its way to feed the recruits. Ayo got the ball to Oscar a lot. We have never had a player like Oscar. Guys like Feliz and Williams barely looked at the basket. They were content to let the recruits get theirs.

Shannon made 9 threes in a row shooting around before the workouts started. He needs to tweak his release but he has a good shooting touch.

THT shot horribly during his workout but is considered a good shooter.

The recruits scrimmaged with the team. It was not an intense scrimmage. As usual, the teams went out of its way to feed the recruits. Ayo got the ball to Oscar a lot. We have never had a player like Oscar. Guys like Feliz and Williams barely looked at the basket. They were content to let the recruits get theirs.
Thank you !

Hoping we hear some good news in the next few days! Wouldn't be surprised if EJ sets an announcement date since he has made all of his visits.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
On roster (from 247):
Wvu has 4 centers
Kentucky has 7 centers
Baylor has 1 center
We have 0 centers

Chances are he goes to Kentucky or wvu

Psh, what big man from Kentucky has ever achieved anything?
Illinois, on the other hand, has produced Meyers F'n Leonard!

Great news. First domino. Really hoping for at least one more (greedy, die-hard fan).

Stacking our roster is a very, very, very good thing.
1537646318125.gif

Well Newman, here is my take on Giorgi. Be glad we have him as he will definitely keep the team loose, what a character.

On a brighter note Giorgi guarded Oscar really well, did not back down and really bumped with him. I really like what I saw in Giorgi !! Kane also guarded Oscar some, with his 7ft height he will help at the center position, very well coordinated for a big resulting from his soccer experience.
My take on Oscar, not sure I have seen a better big man recruit play at Ubben !!

After today’s scrimmage Oscar approached Giorgi and they spent the next half hour or so shooting around together. Seemed to have a great rapport.

Giorgi adds a ton of levity and fun energy to the practices. I can se him playing a valuable role in helping the team bond as a unit.

Last edited:
So Oscar to UK?
TS to IL?
EJ to OSU/MU ?
Illinois probably has just as good of a chance at landing Liddell but I'd be surprised to find anyone confident about the way he is leaning at this point. Having the last visit is always good though. Oscar to UK or WV still hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.