Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,001      
We need athletic bigs to win. I mean top 50 big(s)
So we can't win without a big that is a top 50 recruit?...Is that based on some advanced analysis or just a gut? I don't agree...but having a big in top 50 definitely would help greatly. BTW we lost with ML his last year but did well with Egwu the next year.

#1,003      
Piper with a CB for EJ to Mizzou yesterday. Missouri Rivals guy is saying EJ to tOSU.
Go figure.

#1,007      
Every year a MCAA player goes to a non-blueblood. We need to get ours as well. Like our down state recruiter, Walker. Probably a good coach. But can see a change if he doesn't land players. Lost out on Okporo, EJ is no guarantee. MSmith and Tilmon will be donning MUtiger jerseys. A recruiter who hits STL, downstate, and Indy would be greatly appreciated.

#1,011      
Who are we getting ready to put our attention for 2020+ after only possibly getting another wing in TS?

#1,013      
The suspense is kind of killing me here. This is going to be interesting
Shannon will happen. Pretty much a done deal imo since he met with Chin after Depaul decommit. I am hearing things all over the place on EJ. I don't have a good vibe on it so I am guessing OSU, but maybe tonight and tomorrow they can sway him. Oscar is and has always been a long shot that will end up at UK or WVU. But staff did a hell of a job these visits regardless of what happens. We start winning and these will become much easier sells.

#1,015      

Ryllini

Lombard
Shannon will happen. Pretty much a done deal imo since he met with Chin after Depaul decommit. I am hearing things all over the place on EJ. I don't have a good vibe on it so I am guessing OSU, but maybe tonight and tomorrow they can sway him. Oscar is and has always been a long shot that will end up at UK or WVU. But staff did a hell of a job these visits regardless of what happens. We start winning and these will become much easier sells.

Are you going off “hearing things all over the place” prior to EJ’s current visit or are you “hearing things all over the place” while he is on his visit. Terrific news regarding Shannon, I hope it happens. Thanks for the tidbits.

#1,016      
Has Walker done anything positive recruiting in 2018 or 2019, and if not is his seat warm?
Walker retained DMW and Trent Frazier. If Liddell comes here, he retains his job, if not he's on his way out.

Also, Liddell is probably coming here. Flip a coin. I'd take those odds.

TSJ is coming here. No doubt.

Tshiebwe coming here at this point is like going off Niagra Falls in a wooden barrel and surviving.

#1,018      
Okay it's Sunday, and I'm ready for he commits to come rolling in. Who wants to be first?

#1,019      
I believe Walker's seat is getting uncomfortably warm. Getting EJ will help tremendously, but the Illini's position in the landscape of NCAA can't afford to keep him.
Chin getting Ayo and Tevian are huge, also looks promising on TS. He will be key with Miller. Antigua has pulled out some late recruits Samba, Giorgi, Griffin, Feliz. His connections are worth the squeeze. But for Walker, his best recruits will be at Missouri next season (Tilmon, Smith, the other one time verbal).

Walker is a solid guy who is able to connect with recruits. You need good people on your staff. The recruits lost were more bad luck than anything.

#1,020      
I believe Walker's seat is getting uncomfortably warm. Getting EJ will help tremendously, but the Illini's position in the landscape of NCAA can't afford to keep him.
Chin getting Ayo and Tevian are huge, also looks promising on TS. He will be key with Miller. Antigua has pulled out some late recruits Samba, Giorgi, Griffin, Feliz. His connections are worth the squeeze. But for Walker, his best recruits will be at Missouri next season (Tilmon, Smith, the other one time verbal).
Walkers job is not dependent on getting Liddell.

Walker got Tilmon, Smith, Pickett. How is it his fault that they left later?

#1,021      
Smith was here for a year. How do you blame his leaving on Walker? He was no longer a recruit.

#1,023      
Let’s do what the clippers did to Deandre Jordan. Have our players lock these guys in a room and don’t allow them to leave until they commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.