Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,101      

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Just because there are limited opportunities to tell Imari stories, I have to mention this one. One of the best message board posts I’ve seen was in reference to Imari. Someone had said about him “there’s not enough mustard in the whole world for that hot dog.” And someone else followed up with, “There's no I in “team” but there are TWO in Imari.”
I had to look up Imari Sawyer, the name didn't ring a bell. The search brought up this list....glad we only had 1 player make it (it's an old list, maybe we have added to it since it was posted).

http://toptenchicagosports.blogspot.com/2009/03/top-ten-most-disappointing-high-school.html

#1,103      
I'm guessing BU is running a tighter ship (with less leaks) than his predecessor?

#1,105      

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
This is old but so am I and it sums up my feelings this morning.....

1537806464915.jpeg

#1,119      
4 cut, since I looked it up:
1. Kentucky
2. Cincinnati
3. Oregon
4. South Carolina

Kofi Cockburn Retweeted

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater 4h4 hours ago

6’11” Kofi Cockburn’19 @kxng_alpha , who averaged a double-double on the #EYBL for the @NYRhoops , is down to his final 8:
Syracuse
Kansas
Pittsburgh
Illinois
UConn
LSU
Florida St.
St. John’s

#1,122      

Bailey

Los Angeles
Pretty much a perfect new age 5 outside of having a three point shot. Good hands, quick off the floor, sprint rim to rim. Looks like Clint Capela.

#1,124      
Elsewhere, Mario McKinney has delayed announcing his decision for a little over an hour now.. got to drum up that excitement 🙄

#1,125      
Elsewhere, Mario McKinney has delayed announcing his decision for a little over an hour now.. got to drum up that excitement 🙄

Just not that excited. Good luck Mizzou.

Any interest or possibility that TS, OT, or EJ would want/can bypass 4th year and play this year/2nd semester? OT looks one and done, the height he reaches on his one hand dunk is NBA. Also the improvement in 6-9 months is huge. Athletic build/coordination projects well at next level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.