Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Welcome to the Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

2020 Illinois commits-

Coleman Hawkins (2020 PF), committed on September 21st

Last edited:
I wonder what the board thinks, what I like about BU's recruiting is it's silent in most cases, and last 2 years been low profile, then Bam! GB, Grif, Tev, Feliz, where the Verdonk did Verdonk come from? Trust the process! We just gotta get some PG's and another Stud PF and we good.

Last edited:
Fresh thread, so I wanted to get ahead of the usual tropes before they inevitably pick up steam.
  • "Doesn't fit Underwood's system anyway."
  • "Good riddance. Only want players who want to be here anyway."
  • "Recruit X's mother loves Underwood."
  • "O$U, M$U, Wi$con$in, Nebra$ka..."
  • "Growth plates are still open."
  • *Insider!*
  • "Canadian pipeline..."
  • "Underwood is 1/250 with scholarship offers."
  • Conversation that diverts from recruiting to UIUC bars, restaurants, 1989/2005 team comparisons.
  • "An offseason with Fletch/Tisdale diet..."
  • "Illinois doesn't need to recruit Chicago [typically after being spurned by a Chicago recruit]."
  • Irrational discussion of Illinois once being considered a blueblood.
  • "Was their height recorded in shoes or out?"
  • "Bruce Weber (Webber) & John Groce (Gross) bad."
  • "Luther Head will pay their way."
  • Something about Creaning/misplaced worry toward excessive scholarship offers.

Last edited:
I like the silent recruiting...Ayo and Kofi are big time recruits that are impact players immediately due to playing top talent for several years prior to joining Illini. I hope Adam Miller quitely does the visit circuit and joins the great Illini guard tradition. I really love the talent our current staff has added that was a bit under the radar...the talent eye that brought Giorgi, Jones and Griffin I hope repeats with either Verdonk or Hamlin. Both contributing down low at 4-5 would be crazy good. I feel the wings transferring in alleviates ball handling/distribution somewhat down the road but in summation our top needs immediately in this recruiting cycle are once again pg and C/PF. Filling the combo Guard and wings with talented/experienced depth is great. I really hope Underwood and Antigua stay as I feel their core strengths of mental toughness will pay huge dividends as the talent amasses at Illinois. I...L...L...

Fresh thread, so I wanted to get ahead of the usual tropes before they inevitably pick up steam.
  • *Insider!*
  • "Canadian pipeline..."
  • Conversation that diverts from recruiting to UIUC bars, restaurants, 1989/2005 team comparisons.
  • "Illinois doesn't need to recruit Chicago [typically after being spurned by a Chicago recruit]."

Could we number these and just say 6 or 9, etc. Save a lot of time and space.

• *Insider!*
  • "Canadian pipeline..."
Good job. You KILLED ALL DISCUSSION! I like to check this board multiple times a day, and Hoops Recruiting is my favorite. You took away everything we talk about.

illini80

Forgottonia
No visitors scheduled this weekend right? Who do we have coming for next?

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
  • *Insider!*
  • "Canadian pipeline..."
None of this stuff matters. All I care about is how many OVs we have left and when they refresh. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Adam Miller, he has left Arizona w/o committing to either of the Arizona schools.:clappy:
That's great news. I'm hoping for a commitment sometime around the first day of fall. If there is ceremony I will be in the house. I know I'm jumping the gun, just thinking positive.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Moses Moody, a 6-foot-5, 185-pound senior small forward from Montverde Academy in Florida, on Wednesday night cut his list of prospective colleges from 31 to seven via a post on Twitter.

They are: Kansas, Florida, Arkansas, Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan and USC

Moses Moody Cuts list

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Moses Moody, a 6-foot-5, 185-pound senior small forward from Montverde Academy in Florida, on Wednesday night cut his list of prospective colleges from 31 to seven via a post on Twitter.

They are: Kansas, Florida, Arkansas, Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan and USC

Moses Moody Cuts list
He's too small for a small forward for Illinois. We have guards reaching 6'6" now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.