Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Win, baby. Just win.

images.jpeg

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Deivon Smith a 4* PG is CB to Louisville by many 100% in fact....wonder how that affects the many other recruits, as the same schools have been favored in the past with them. Does Smith going to L-Ville affect Love/Burnett/Miller/Steward for us?

Ray Charles could see that we have no chance with Love and Burnett and probably less than 3% (epitome of a long shot) for Steward. Excellent players all, but give it up.

Deivon Smith a 4* PG is CB to Louisville by many 100% in fact....wonder how that affects the many other recruits, as the same schools have been favored in the past with them. Does Smith going to L-Ville affect Love/Burnett/Miller/Steward for us?

Ray Charles could see that we have no chance with Love and Burnett and probably less than 3% (epitome of a long shot) for Steward. Excellent players all, but give it up.

And it looks like Miller is us or ASU. If anything, may help with Curbelo, but he seems like a long shot too.

I think we are moving in that direction. Groce epitomied the all in on one recruit. BU seems to have better plan B-Z. Giorgi was probably our 10th option at big. Verdonk also looks and sounds like a gem. It would be nice to start landing multiple first choice players.

What basis is there for predicting success for Verdonk? I know nothing about him - good or bad - other than he looks good in a tshirt.

What basis is there for predicting success for Verdonk? I know nothing about him - good or bad - other than he looks good in a tshirt.
He's 6-8, 240 lbs. He can shoot and is already accustomed to the international 3-point line. Nobody can know for sure how he will play at the D1 level for a P5 team but there is plenty of reason for optimism.

I’ve been on this same page. Seems like the things working against him are:
- new to NCAA (true freshman)
- new to BU system
- new to United States and to college life
- injured for the summer, so no summer practice
- unheralded/unranked recruit with no other high offers

Working for him:
- Looked really buff in a photoshopped workout picture
- tall

I hope he’s awesome. I would go so far as to say there is reason to think he might be awesome in his Illini career. But I am extremely skeptical that he will be a big contributor this year.

Hope the odds are better for Curbelo, side note I am covetous of your vocabulary!

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Hope the odds are better for Curbelo, side note I am covetous of your vocabulary!

Way better odds for Curbelo. Think we have a legit shot (thanks to OA). Nevertheless, it will be a hard pull.

Vocabulary: thanks, man. Was a rabid reader in my earlier years.

Way better odds for Curbelo. Think we have a legit shot (thanks to OA). Nevertheless, it will be a hard pull.

[/QUOTE, Me too, had to be in bed by 9, had a flashlight under the covers and read til I got caught or fell asleep. I think my parents knew, but are they going to stop their children from reading too much? Descernibly no.

I’ve read books and newspapers, but never a rabbit.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Especially Love since he has already eliminated Illinois from his top six. Or did I miss something?

Last edited:
24 hours and not one post in the recruiting forum for one of the more important recruiting times of the year.

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
I believe that we have three OVs coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Can someone please update the prospects and the dates scheduled? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.