Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the Nebraska part was a joke. Unfortunately Lovie’s defense has a real good shot at giving up that many points.

And our offense has the capability of put up those kind of points as well...:confused:

https://n.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-prospects-on-the-cusp-of-the-rivals150

A recent little blurb on Hawkins I found on Rivals:

"Why he can push for the Rivals150: Hawkins has one of the better-looking jump shots of any big man in the class of 2020 and can play as a four man or even a small ball five. He runs the floor well, has good hands and is a good passer out of the high post. He just needs strength and to continue to improve his consistency."

Tacomallini

Washington State
Because he said something that wasn’t complementary. Then it was twisted into something different so it could be mocked. He may not be gone, but if I were him I’d think twice about sharing information here. Why would anyone want to waste time defending yourself to people who know nothing, but claim you are basically a liar. Irritates the crap out of me if you can’t tell. :rant:
For the record (especially as one guilty of running with the Head Coach not calling bit) I can totally see 0440 being spot on about BU not talking to recruits. By many accounts, recruiting isn't BU's forte, and I can see him delegating as much as possible, even more so than other coaches would do. Some recruits probably don't care one way or another who from the coaching staff is reaching out, but egos are fragile things unique to each person. I am sure that some kids, especially some of those that have been told all their lives how special/talented they are, get rubbed the wrong way if they aren't getting enough attention from a possible future head coach. Forgive us 0440, we know not what we do! 0440 come back, give us one more chance...

For the record (especially as one guilty of running with the Head Coach not calling bit) I can totally see 0440 being spot on about BU not talking to recruits. By many accounts, recruiting isn't BU's forte, and I can see him delegating as much as possible, even more so than other coaches would do. Some recruits probably don't care one way or another who from the coaching staff is reaching out, but egos are fragile things unique to each person. I am sure that some kids, especially some of those that have been told all their lives how special/talented they are, get rubbed the wrong way if they aren't getting enough attention from a possible future head coach. Forgive us 0440, we know not what we do! 0440 come back, give us one more chance...

Hopefully 0440 realizes it's all in good fun and we appreciate everything he posts. He has to also realize that we can't always just say, "Oh, 0440 posted this so it's Gospel."

New regimes have new insiders I guess - also feel like BU keeps things closer to the vest...

New regimes have new insiders I guess - also feel like BU keeps things closer to the vest...
He does and I like it, but we had a pocket in that vest. Did I miss a regime change? 😉

Last edited:
UIHoopsRecruits Retweeted
Kedric Prince@KedPrince4 10h10 hours ago
#Illini Bball News: Assist. Coach Chin Coleman offered 4-
⭐️
6’4” SG Will McClendon from Las Vegas, NV. last night. He lives on the West Coast but has family in Champaign currently. Getting an offer from Illinois is special to me. Coach Chin keeps it real, I like that.

⭐️
6’4” SG Will McClendon from Las Vegas, NV. last night. He lives on the West Coast but has family in Champaign currently. Getting an offer from Illinois is special to me. Coach Chin keeps it real, I like that.
He has some connections to Hawkins I believe.

⭐️
His tape is nice. He’s a baller for sure.

⭐️
Can't get the link to work. Who is his family?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
⭐️

Related to Roger McClendon?

Out of all the supposed insiders on this forum 0440 does seem to be quite connected. I always look forward to his posts. He has so much support here. I can't imagine him not sticking around, just because some of us vocalized the hope that some of his info. was not as bad as it seemed.
He’s the one person on this board that shares inside information that I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.