Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid pickup. The Lake Shelbyville baloon festival was clearly a huge selling point.
595212B2-55BC-4E9C-BDCC-F2FDED0795AB.jpeg

As it stands he will be the 2nd tallest guy on the team, is mobile, can pass, has decent handles for a big man, and can shoot well. looks like the type Michigan has recruited for a while. Could be effective out top when we play zone too. Anyway Welcome Mr Hawkins! Go Illini!
Wait till Fletch Verdonks him!

Welcome Mr. Hawkins “Body And Soul” in the words and music of your namesake who attended Illinois high schools exactly 100 years ago and recorded his tenor sax classic exactly 80 years ago, in 1939.

As it stands he will be the 2nd tallest guy on the team, is mobile, can pass, has decent handles for a big man, and can shoot well. looks like the type Michigan has recruited for a while. Could be effective out top when we play zone too. Anyway Welcome Mr Hawkins! Go Illini!
Would seem to be much easier to add strength and weight than ball handling and passing. Obviously ranking not based on potential. Great addition when you have Giorgi, Kofi, Ben, and Jermaine.

mulepie

Sicklerville, NJ
As a jazz fan, Coleman Hawkins is a great get! The Prez!
As a fellow Illini and jazz fan I am also quite pleased! Every time he sinks a three I'll probably be shouting "Go Bean!" By the way, Prez was Lester Young.

As a fellow Illini and jazz fan I am also quite pleased! Every time he sinks a three I'll probably be shouting "Go Bean!" By the way, Prez was Lester Young.

You must have loved the Deron Williams years.

Welcome Coleman!

Like others, I see a good fit. Has a lot of tools to work with for such a young player that's still filling out.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Happened to see this today. It is four days old, so before Miller visit, before Hawkins commit but might be of interest. I also don't know how reliable or credible Corey Evans is. I can't keep them all straight.

"Adam Miller. The top 30 guard will visit the Big Ten program this weekend and has been Illinois' top 2020 target for years now. Arizona State is the likely the primary program standing in Illinois' way. In the frontcourt, Cliff Omoruyi is someone to keep an eye on, as is Bayron Matos-Garcia, a one-time Mississippi State commit who landed an Illini offer earlier this month. Coleman Hawkins just visited the Big Ten program over the weekend, and Illinois definitely has a chance with him. Lastly, Andre Curbelo has been difficult to gain much information out of, but the Illini should have a say with the premier playmaker. Florida, Miami, Pitt and St. John’s are a few others that remain involved for Curbelo."

Wednesday's Leftovers: Illinois, Memphis, Marquette, more

Any news on when Miller will be committing to Illinois???😬

No set in stone date. However, with the new sanctions at Kansas, I doubt he makes the visit there.

Meaning it will be down to ASU, AZ, L-Ville, and ILL. I would guess it'll be sometime in mid-October before we hear anything.

I am still confident it'll be Illinois, never wavered. Chin, OA, and BU will get it done.:shield:

Status
Not open for further replies.