Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed limit on most interstates is 70 mph....but no one drives 70.....some drive 75.....some drive 80....and then there are those that drive 85+...knowing that a small fine or warning tic is in store but they tend to get there faster
I drive 80 (Feeling safe) until someone passes me and then I speed up and follow them until they are out of sight. Does that fit your analogy? :)

sacraig

The desert
Imagine or remember?

giphy.gif

I still think Miami is our biggest challenge for Curbelo...I really hope we get this kid, and would think we stand a great chance with the OA connection. If we pull off a M ILL er, Curbelo, Hawkins, Ruzhentsev (sp) class....well that is one hell of a class imo.

Top 40 (Miller)
Top 50ish-60ish (AC and SR)
Top 150ish (Hawkins)

Miller I still feel good about, Miami is the challenge for Curbelo imo, Florida will be in on Samson until the end as well....Hawkins we got. Samson wants immediate playing time and is on record as stating such. I would think all of those recruits might expect immediate time however. This class would do very well for us.

Soulberries

University of Illinois
I still think Miami is our biggest challenge for Curbelo...I really hope we get this kid, and would think we stand a great chance with the OA connection. If we pull off a M ILL er, Curbelo, Hawkins, Ruzhentsev (sp) class....well that is one hell of a class imo.

Top 40 (Miller)
Top 150ish (Hawkins)

Miller I still feel good about, Miami is the challenge for Curbelo imo, Florida will be in on Samson until the end as well....Hawkins we got. Samson wants immediate playing time and is on record as stating such. I would think all of those recruits might expect immediate time however. This class would do very well for us.

We only have 1 spot open, 2 if Ayo leaves. Who are you Creaning??

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Top 40 (Miller)
Top 150ish (Hawkins)

We're out on the Rooskie.

We only have 1 spot open, 2 if Ayo leaves. Who are you Creaning??
We've only had one season since Dee graduated without a transfer or someone leaving the team early. I'd be surprised if a spot didn't open up.

Miller is going to come down to ILL and ASU. Will be a fight till the end.

Curbelo will be down to ILL and Miami, and Miami is in the lead right now and will be a tough one to beat.

SR not coming.

KK Robinson, we are on the outside looking in. Arkansas leads. Kansas was thought to be 2nd, but with this NCAA stuff who knows...

Jaylin Williams not coming after we took Hawkins. OK State, Auburn, Arkansas out front.

Martice Mitchell just visited Xavier, and really liked it. I do not know if the staff is even actively recruiting him at this point.

At this point, it's really Curbelo and Miller for 2020. Staff should be blowing up their phones. Staff was already in today for multiple 2021 prospects.

Curbelo will be down to ILL and Miami, and Miami is in the lead right now and will be a tough one to beat.

SR not coming.

KK Robinson, we are on the outside looking in. Arkansas leads. Kansas was thought to be 2nd, but with this NCAA stuff who knows...

Jaylin Williams not coming after we took Hawkins. OK State, Auburn, Arkansas out front.

Martice Mitchell just visited Xavier, and really liked it. I do not know if the staff is even actively recruiting him at this point.

At this point, it's really Curbelo and Miller for 2020. Staff should be blowing up their phones. Staff was already in today for multiple 2021 prospects.

1) Disappointed on the Miller front, frankly. But, it is what it is

2) But, delighted that the staff is "already in today for multiple 2021 prospects". Being ahead of the curve. Nice.

Now, only if we could nail 2021 down real early, that would be just great.

SR not coming.

Disagree on Curbelo. We are even with Miami at worse. Underwood nails visit I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.