Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The staff is in a good position here and the Nesbitt’s are keeping things close to the chest, which is good. Things have not changed in a couple weeks, this announcement is only on the heels of one momentum shift... and that’s when the Nesbitt’s made Illinois their leader and decided THAT was the best option. Nothing since then has changed...

The National punditS here just don’t know it yet because everything has been so SLU heavy up to this point..

Hope you're right. Would be a great get.

Reactions: Whitmans Sampler, QCillini48, Captain05 and 2 others
Stuemke5 where are you??

Reactions: UCantHideYer and Rainier Wolfcastle
Winged Warrior
Allow me....

Piper has an article out on what he is hearing regarding Nesbitt. We ought to be getting the "insiders" scoop shortly.

Do you hate fun?

Last edited:

Reactions: BlueLeader, Dren1, QCillini48 and 3 others
Working From Home
+++++, staff, particularly OA, likes to mess with Piper/Werner and send them down the wrong rabbit hole.
I have yet to find a rabbit hole that's the "right rabbit hole."

Reactions: Poe's Law
Does anyone have any information on the recruitment of TyTy Washington or Wesley Cardet?

I see them both listed as "top targets" for Illinois' 2021 class on 247 but I haven't heard much conversation about them on this board. I'm always curious how 247 decides who are top targets are since some of the names I hear almost nothing about.

Reactions: QCillini48
Does anyone have any information on the recruitment of TyTy Washington or Wesley Cardet?

I see them both listed as "top targets" for Illinois' 2021 class on 247 but I haven't heard much conversation about them on this board. I'm always curious how 247 decides who are top targets are since some of the names I hear almost nothing about.
They were both just recently offered by Illinois. Within the last 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: Goode-for-3
University of Illinois
Bill, as you know scholarships can come in many different formats.:)It is doubtful that Padilla is paying full boat ($50,000+) for International students. After all he had full Division 1 ships.

Especially since Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens. 😉

Reactions: TheFameProtector, STLIlliniMike, Chukwuwumba and 15 others
Stuemke5 where are you??

just lurking! Hearing the same as others. SLU, Memphis and Illinois final 3. Illinois still in good shape.

Reactions: SixthandWhite, tpbradley, Indy Illini Fan and 14 others
Don't we usually see a pattern with BU's team? If we are on the outs, we usually begin offering others right away. I don't think we've seen that activity yet...so my sense is that maybe we're still in it?

Don't we usually see a pattern with BU's team? If we are on the outs, we usually begin offering others right away. I don't think we've seen that activity yet...so my sense is that maybe we're still in it?

Post #135 suggest that we just offered TyTy Washington and Wesley Cardet in the last 2-3 weeks... Wouldn't that directly contradict what you just wrote or am I missing something here?

Reactions: drsmitty74 and Ga65
University of Illinois
Post #135 suggest that we just offered TyTy Washington and Wesley Cardet in the last 2-3 weeks... Wouldn't that directly contradict what you just wrote or am I missing something here?

Offering others strikes me as the smart thing to do until the recruit commits. Not offering others when they thought they had Jones left them empty handed.

Reactions: CogDog
Different positions...nesbit is a sf or wing...tyty and cardet are smaller guards....I would say not the same?

Pebble Beach, CA
Cardet is 6’6 now if I’m not mistaken
Cardet looks like a stud from the limited video I’ve seen. He’s aggressive, athletic (hoppy, like my beers) and finishes strong with both hands! I thought he was a lefty at first, but his jumper is from the right.

Reactions: CogDog, Indy Illini Fan, marvin1991 and 2 others
From what I've been told we are on the outside looking In on Nesbitt.
But hey recruiting is fluid you never know.

Reactions: illinifan4249, Goode-for-3, tpbradley and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.