Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WINT

Kewanee, IL
The "coke" part was pretty integral to the joke, especially since it wasn't capitalized.
Yeah I got it. Thought I would emphasize the Yum Brands and all that. Probably didn’t read that way. Thanks for looking out.

Lets Celebrate Top 5 UNC grads:
1 Michael Jordan...better than Lebron
2 Caleb Bradham...Pepsi inventor
3 Peyton Reed...director of Yes Man
4 Andy Griffith...opie's dad
5 IlliniTarHeels'wife...supporter of a valuable Illinois Loyalty contributor

:)
Sure hope she can read

This. Is. Such. A. Bad. Take.

It is a coach's job to convince recruits to want to be an Illini. Most players don't just have that trait already.

I think JeffJ used to say a good coach takes a player on a official who was positive early playing time was his most important factor and convinces him that being a part of a winning team or development under great players is by the end of a visit.

It sounds like we agree?

Dunno. My belief is that every program has a way of making the sausage, and most fans would rather not watch. There's no point in dogging other programs or recruits, and it's probably counter-productive on some level.

I freely admit this is maybe one of the worst analogies I've ever posted :p

And I will forever poke fun at Louisville for bringing in hookers, and North Carolina for saying they have 'student' athletes. So I'm really just a hypocrite anyway.

Dunno. My belief is that every program has a way of making the sausage, and most fans would rather not watch. There's no point in dogging other programs or recruits, and it's probably counter-productive on some level.

I freely admit this is maybe one of the worst analogies I've ever posted :p

And I will forever poke fun at Louisville for bringing in hookers, and North Carolina for saying they have 'student' athletes. So I'm really just a hypocrite anyway.

Ya, we agree. I don’t know what the threshold is for who’s for sure cheating and who’s a gray area, but I’d venture to guess top 50 is a fair cutoff as well as P5.

I don’t blame the recruits choosing the programs. Heck, I would too. (except Cliff Alexander. You don’t do what he did.)

Louisville.jpg

Would getting one of Hopkins or Nesbitt preclude the other from picking us? I fully realize us getting neither is the most likely option. Just interested if there is even the slightest chance they would consider playing together.

altenberger22

South Carolina
Hadn't seen this posted anywhere, interesting interview with Goode

First thing that stood out to me in seeing this picture of Luke is this........

Those certainly aren't the same basketball shorts introduced by Michigan's Fab 5 in 1991! It appears we've finally come full circle where my grandfather's HS basketball uniform from the 1940/50's is now 100% back in style.

altenberger22

South Carolina
All crystal balls to Kentucky. Are we really in it?
Trying to recall if we've ever won a recruiting battle with Kentucky. (Seldom are we competing for the same kids, I realize. I can only think of players we lost.)

Status
Not open for further replies.