Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAA Thursday: Dontaie Allen emerges as a must-get prospect

Who is Dontaie Allen? He is already the breakout star of the summer of 2018 thanks to a scoring spree on Thursday that left many onlookers and coaches alike in amazement as to how good the rising senior out of Kentucky really is.

A 6-foot-6 wing that is currently leading the Under Armour Challenge in scoring this weekend to the tune of 28 points per game, Allen recapped his recruiting surge.

“It has been really nice to receive some recognition but now it is about finding the right fit and right school for me,” he said.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-dontaie-allen-emerges-as-a-must-get-prospect

Adidas Gauntlet Finale Day 1 Standouts - Guerrier, Brown, Walker and more shine

Quincy Guerrier | Brookwood Elite

With plenty of high major schools in attendance, Brookwood Elite small forward Quincy Guerrier came to play. Guerrier was dominant in the paint and consistently converted around the basket. He ending up finishing with 25 points on 9-15 shooting. The Canadian native also showed the ability to step out and knock down shots. His recruitment has skyrocketed this AAU season and with performances like these it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon.

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/933822

UAA Thursday: Dontaie Allen emerges as a must-get prospect

Who is Dontaie Allen? He is already the breakout star of the summer of 2018 thanks to a scoring spree on Thursday that left many onlookers and coaches alike in amazement as to how good the rising senior out of Kentucky really is.

A 6-foot-6 wing that is currently leading the Under Armour Challenge in scoring this weekend to the tune of 28 points per game, Allen recapped his recruiting surge.

“It has been really nice to receive some recognition but now it is about finding the right fit and right school for me,” he said.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-dontaie-allen-emerges-as-a-must-get-prospect

And the last Illini from Kentucky??

Corey Evans' Under Armour Blog: Friday

NEW HEIGHTS BREEZES THROUGH THE MORNING

The New Heights 17-under unit went to work and in a quick fashion on Friday morning thanks to the work of its super talented core that is Precious Achiuwa and Lester Quinones.

Achiuwa, a five-star forward in the 2019 class, is sensational whenever he is aggressive and unfortunately for his competition in Atlanta, he has been just that.

Whether it is knifing his way through the defense with the powerful score or leading the break off of the defensive rebound, it has been attack, attack, attack all three days in Georgia. Pound for pound, there are not many as talented as Achiuwa in the 2019 class as St. Johns’ Chris Mullin and Georgetown’s Pat Ewing, along with an assistant from Pitt and Kansas were on hand.

Alongside him is one of the more underrated wings in America, Lester Quinones. Too put it lightly, I just don’t get why practically all of the nation isn’t prioritizing him. He is a 6-foot-5 wing that can defend and make shots at a more than solid clip, a combo that is valued greatly in today’s game. Mullin, Ewing and Seton Hall’s Kevin Willard were on hand for Quinones, as was WVU and Maryland, as the Terps offered him last night.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/corey-evans-under-armour-blog-friday

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I'm curious too

My guess is it's because he's finishing core courses to become academically certified (NCAA Eligibility Center), which prohibits him from participating in Oregon team-related activities until the fall semester starts. Therefore, AAU would be his only option to continue playing basketball right now.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Latest rumor has EJ and McKinney as the "proverbial" package deal. We have offered both.

Package deals...

giphy.gif

Which assistant is in Atlanta @ UAA event??

Walker is at UAA I believe. I know he was there last night to watch Dontaie Allen.

I know Antigua, BU, Chin all at Peach Jam today to watch Kofi Cockburn specially as a group, as well as watch other targets.

I'd go along with that. Ayo was very good as a Junior once Charlie Moore left, but in terms of evaluating them as college prospects, the three you list are probably a step ahead as Soph/Juniors. Whitney was turning plenty of heads at Solorio as a Freshman, but he was on a crumby team and obviously left the state after that season. Had he stayed, he'd be at the top of that list.

Liddell is intriguing because he doesn't fit the mold that Duke or other blue bloods typically look for in a 4. He's undersized at 6'6" and doesn't have a consistent, knock-down, shot. That being said, his rim-protection for someone that size is unreal, he cleans the glass (on both ends), and attacks the rim viciously. Really the only knock on him as a college 4 is his size, but if you watch him play to realize he easily makes up for it by getting off the floor so quick. He's by far the best 6'6" shot-blocker as a HS player that I've ever seen.

It's going to be interesting to see if the blue bloods get over their preconceived notions of what an elite 4 should look like and recognize how good he is. For our sake, I hope they don't.

Liddell = Anderson?

Walker is at UAA I believe. I know he was there last night to watch Dontaie Allen.

I know Antigua, BU, Chin all at Peach Jam today to watch Kofi Cockburn specially as a group, as well as watch other targets.

Correction: Walker, BU, Chin watched Kofi today.

Not Antigua, he had watched previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.