Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get Guerrier but I think he's going to Oregon. Not getting Shannon Jr. with MIF and Chin would be inexcusable after we lost out on Okoro and Whitney in our own back yard.

If we don't get any more mif players, the long term role of Chin on our staff is questionable.

Ayo says hello. More MIF players in the pipeline, he will be important.

Sounds like our recruiting isn’t any different than it was from the last 13 years. More times than not we don’t get plan A, B, C guy and have to settle. Viscous cycle seems to never end 😩

Deleted member 643761

D
Sounds like our recruiting isn’t any different than it was from the last 13 years. More times than not we don’t get plan A, B, C guy and have to settle. Viscous cycle seems to never end 😩

So recruiting is fluid? But highly viscous? Not sure what to make of that.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
DePaul and FSU both getting a CB for Shannon according to his CB graph. The fact that both got a CB is interesting as this is USUALLY when the CBs start flowing in only one school’s direction.

Obviously there's the financial connection to Florida State, so we don't know what will happen. It's us or them.

If we don't get any more mif players, the long term role of Chin on our staff is questionable.

Wow, I am really surprised by this. Chin was behind our 3 biggest signings.

According to 247 Chin was lead on Ayo, Jones, and Samba. OA was lead on Feliz, Georgi, and Higgs.

I don't know who was lead on Alan Griffin, possibly BU himself?

Walker reeled in absolutely nothing from his "area" though... Missed on Okoro, Ramey, Hellems, Zion Griffin, Trice just to name a few.

Last edited:
Wow, I am really surprised by this. Chin was behind our 3 biggest signings.

According to 247 Chin was lead on Ayo, Jones, and Samba this class. OA was lead on Feliz, Georgi, and Higgs.

I don't know who was lead on Alan Griffin, possibly BU himself?

Walker reeled in absolutely nothing from his "area" though... Missed on Okoro, Ramey, Hellems, Zion Griffin, Trice just to name a few.

Separate issue but agree, Walker brings next to nothing in recruiting.

Wow, what a surprise, a ton of negativity on this board from fans that already have zero faith in this staff.

This recruitment has no solid leads out there to whom he’s leaning toward. Right now the writers are grabbing at straws.
Anyone i would trust has no solid idea on who he’s picking. I like recruitments like this.

jrod1286

Pat Chambers
Illinois
This recruitment has no solid leads out there to whom he’s leaning toward. Right now the writers are grabbing at straws.
Anyone i would trust has no solid idea on who he’s picking. I like recruitments like this.
Agree with Ol dirty on this one, no leaks.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
If Piper is picking DePaul, he has Intel. No other reason to switch his pick from Illinois....
Unless he's going with common logic and picking the school last visited. Usually when a kid sets a commitment date after a visit that's where they choose. We can only hope he wasn't too impressed.

SKane

Tennessee
Does anyone know what time tomorrow TS will announce his decision?

Does anyone know what time tomorrow TS will announce his decision?
I've looked all over for it, no clue. Hopefully he will update during the day kinda like Massey did, even if he was an hour late lol

PJD86

Texas
there is so much smoke for FSU outside of Crystal Balls though, it just boggles the mind why no one has adjusted CB's. I wonder if they will tomorrow. But like you guys said, the DePaul ones are a head scratcher, must be due to last visit

I should make a bingo card with all of the posts we expect to see in an IL recruiting thread.

Would probably get me danned.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Once Jerry Meyer’s CB changes I’ll assume it’s Depaul. He is usually deep in the know.

I wonder why he hasn’t changed it yet...maybe he’s asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.