Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,227      
Same. Once he decided to go to prep school in Florida, I had no doubt that he would end up at FSU. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a school outside of his top 4 if other area schools reach out.

Which area schools, Florida or Chicago, do you think would win out over FSU (or Illinois since nothing has been announced)?

#1,228      

Tacomallini

Washington State
Carlwell is still playing. Put up 27 points and 15 rebounds on Aug. 5, 2018.

220px-Brian_Carlwell.png
I always liked Carlwell, and he's had an interesting post-Illini life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Carlwell#San_Diego_State_(2008–2011)
"Despite the tragic events of February 12, 2007, Carlwell and Jamar Smith remain close friends, and in 2010, Carlwell was named the godfather of Smith's son."

#1,239      
I know from a very good source that Brunson was never seriously considering Illinois, Darius Paul or not. Sounds like Darius has salty grapes if this story is even real.[/QUOTE
Are you questioning my source? A long time friend and die hard Illini fan. Must be salty grapes.

#1,240      
1) People are taking a post mentioning Darius Paul and Brunson seriously, and 2) someone thinks that recruits read this site and what they read has an impact on where they commit. Just two things that made me laugh out loud today so thank you, IllinoisLoyalty. Stay classy.
See ya! Glad I could provide a good laugh.

#1,242      
Yeah- it would be great to get a guy with a Kentucky, Kansas or Duke offer to stay in Illinois, but it would be tough. Miller will have the offers and I don't expect to be able to save him from the shiny NBA factories.
won't he be in the "direct to NBA " class?

#1,248      

Deleted member 29907

D
Used to. Now he is in Boy Scouts. He loves it!
What's the reason for the question? I guess I missed that part.
Yeah, you'd have to read back in the thread to see who (whom? what?) the Shannon/DePaul de-commitment was compared to. My comment was an attempt at dry humor.

#1,249      

What makes you say that? I hear that 2022 would be the absolute earliest that the NBA will consider opening up the draft to high schoolers. Doing it any earlier would cause outrage amongst NBA teams that have traded future draft picks without this knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.