Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall properly, Andy, you chose to come to Illinois in 1988, the year that they went to the final four. Lou was in the midst of one of the finest runs in Illini history where he was finishing in the top tier of the conference and heading to the NCAA tourney every year. You claimed your spot in Illini lore for 'the shot' vs. Ioway in '93.

Why yes, yes I did.....

Care to elaborate?
With him going to prep school in Florida I'm worried he'll stick closer to there. I'm never confident about Illinois players coming back once they leave the area, especially when it's to a state with better weather.

Illinois or Maryland...FSU to far away, Depaul can only offer be the next? B1G wins out...wouldn't say we have much to worry about actually, except a few Maryland guys have gotten to the Pro's recently.

With him going to prep school in Florida I'm worried he'll stick closer to there. I'm never confident about Illinois players coming back once they leave the area, especially when it's to a state with better weather.

We have two football players from IMG this year; including Brown who was from Chicago. Hopefully that was not a fluke.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Illinois or Maryland...FSU to far away, Depaul can only offer be the next? B1G wins out...wouldn't say we have much to worry about actually, except a few Maryland guys have gotten to the Pro's recently.

lulz! You know he's Florida bound (IMG), right? As to the turtles, they've been on a far different plane than us for a decade. Don't see how you can dismiss them.

Deleted member 29907

D
In other words, how are you going to keep them down on the farms?...

I think he will get his sunshine fix in while there and get back up north when finished. Didn't actually dismiss the turtles...everyone loves turtles right?

UIHoopsRecruits Retweeted
Terrence Shannon Jr @Tshan35 3m3 minutes ago

Committing tomorrow !!!
1f511.png
2705.png

Hes definitely visited illinois, unless you mean officially
Yes, he did not take an OV to Illinois. I suppose there's the slimmest of chances he likes UI enough from unofficials to commit, and then takes an official after committing to get wined and dined...but I think we all know better.

They already have 1 player committed on the wing, not that it would mean end all be all but same position in same class?

Illini get Shannon in long run imo.

Yes, he did not take an OV to Illinois. I suppose there's the slimmest of chances he likes UI enough from unofficials to commit, and then takes an official after committing to get wined and dined...but I think we all know better.

He visited the campus end of June timeframe, so he was on unofficial, but as seen what he means and can do for us.

It never made sense to me that TC would follow KW to the same school. I'm hoping TC is picking Illinois after seeing KW go elsewhere.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Considering the timing, I'll be pretty shocked if it isn't FSU. Sucks. That said, Shannon is far from a finished player. VG athleticism and finishing, but really spotty outside shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.