Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Ugh, thank you for reminding me BU is one of the highest paid coaches in the country (Top 20). JW has to be looking for some sort of return on that investment before too long.
9/10, if you want a top 20 program, you're gonna have to pay for a top 20 coach. Now if BU is a top 20 coach, remains to be seen, but the point is still valid.

I doubt it. The two tend to be pretty independent of each other, especially in Year 1, but even to the extent they aren't consider that a more successful team last year would likely present more road blocks to early playing time for those guys.

Okoro never seemed remotely interested in us, plus we didn't have an official visit to give him. It is what it is.
Not true. Okoro was Illini interested for years. And he would have gotten an official if we had one to give.

I doubt it. The two tend to be pretty independent of each other, especially in Year 1, but even to the extent they aren't consider that a more successful team last year would likely present more road blocks to early playing time for those guys.

Okoro never seemed remotely interested in us, plus we didn't have an official visit to give him. It is what it is.
I think lack of "early playing time" has been one of the most overused and overvalued reasons for our recruiting problems.

Liddell and Okoro would get plenty of playing time at Illinois and has little to do with their decisions. Okoro actually had quite a bit of interest last year, but when the recruitment heated up, we fell behind. We have consistently been behind so far in the Liddell recruitment, tOSU and Mizzou are the favorites and remains to be seen if EJ actually takes all of his visits.

For whatever reason, this season's recruiting cycle has felt like a wild ride. Not wild in the dramatic sense (e.g., Snider, Alexander, Brunson, etc...), but rather in the unpredictable/I-have-no-idea-what-is-going-to-happen kind of sense.

Last edited: