Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel like someone should study some data to try and come up with a rigorous conclusion of whether it's better to schedule these visits with groups of highly ranked uncommitted guys, versus individually, or perhaps with already committed recruits (which just as a hypothesis seems like the best).

Each guy presumably having one of the assistants all to himself makes for an interesting wrinkle here.

Deleted member 643761

D
I feel like someone should study some data to try and come up with a rigorous conclusion of whether it's better to schedule these visits with groups of highly ranked uncommitted guys, versus individually, or perhaps with already committed recruits (which just as a hypothesis seems like the best).

Each guy presumably having one of the assistants all to himself makes for an interesting wrinkle here.

Rigorous? Impossible. Different kids are going to respond differently. We'll have alchemists before we figure out what makes kids tick when it comes to recruiting.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Say what you want about our recruiting, IMO this is an excellent strategy.

Pancakes. Pickup games. Twitter love. Bonding.

Dear Mother Nature and Weather Jesus......

Does anyone know if there will be a certain "workout" at Ubben when these guys are on campus?

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Piper alluded to something bigger than Ubben being “open” on Werner’s show recently. I say they put a freaking half court and hoop in the middle of Memorial Stadium at halftime. You mine as well reward those poor souls who are gonna be there to witness that Penn State beat down.

sacraig

The desert
Piper alluded to something bigger than Ubben being “open” on Werner’s show recently. I say they put a freaking half court and hoop in the middle of Memorial Stadium at halftime. You mine as well reward those poor souls who are gonna be there to witness that Penn State beat down.

Forget the fans, think of the broader implications of that. We are fighting OSU and Mizzou for Liddell, for example. What better way to show him we are a basketball school and the unique atmosphere that entails than by letting him experience being the star of the show at a football game despite being a basketball player?

Reactions: JJE

Deleted member 643761

D
Forget the fans, think of the broader implications of that. We are fighting OSU and Mizzou for Liddell, for example. What better way to show him we are a basketball school and the unique atmosphere that entails than by letting him experience being the star of the show at a football game despite being a basketball player?

It's too bad we don't host OSU this year. Then we could really show him!

Deleted member 8632

D

Might be a bigger crowd at ubben

Piper alluded to something bigger than Ubben being “open” on Werner’s show recently. I say they put a freaking half court and hoop in the middle of Memorial Stadium at halftime.

Been there, done that.

912827de-6f7e-5422-b011-237df1584693.image.jpg
worlds-biggest-basketball-T.jpg

Reactions: JJE

BillyBob1

Champaign

Piper hosting show tomorrow. Maybe he will have an update. Probably not until next week.

All kidding aside, I hope we stay away from any gimmicky event as the multiple ones we have tried in the past. They have all been failures and Illinois has not been able to get the support.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Rivals updated their 2019 rankings today. Tshiebwe up to 21 (5 star). Timme, 29. Liddell, 44. Shannon, 46.

UCLA & Florida at IMG today to see Shannon.

Can't believe how Shannon has come on. Kid's a meteor right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.