Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. The two tend to be pretty independent of each other, especially in Year 1, but even to the extent they aren't consider that a more successful team last year would likely present more road blocks to early playing time for those guys.

Okoro never seemed remotely interested in us, plus we didn't have an official visit to give him. It is what it is.

Not true. Okoro was Illini interested for years. And he would have gotten an official if we had one to give.

Ugh, thank you for reminding me BU is one of the highest paid coaches in the country (Top 20). JW has to be looking for some sort of return on that investment before too long.

BU needs to give Jawun some of that money.

I doubt it. The two tend to be pretty independent of each other, especially in Year 1, but even to the extent they aren't consider that a more successful team last year would likely present more road blocks to early playing time for those guys.

Okoro never seemed remotely interested in us, plus we didn't have an official visit to give him. It is what it is.

I think lack of "early playing time" has been one of the most overused and overvalued reasons for our recruiting problems.

Liddell and Okoro would get plenty of playing time at Illinois and has little to do with their decisions. Okoro actually had quite a bit of interest last year, but when the recruitment heated up, we fell behind. We have consistently been behind so far in the Liddell recruitment, tOSU and Mizzou are the favorites and remains to be seen if EJ actually takes all of his visits.

Set for an OV 9/21 at the same time as Shannon.

Could we get at least one commit during the month from officials? I hope so. All the ones rumored to be coming, there isn't one that we would not be happy with to start the class.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Piper gave us a CB for Shannon today. Not sure what to make of that (sources! lol).

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
If Antigua bags Oscar T., that alone merits his compensation. Not feeling it, but maybe, just maybe, we make that connection. For the love of God, please! Perhaps needless to say, Tshiebwe would elevate us, big time.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, this season's recruiting cycle has felt like a wild ride. Not wild in the dramatic sense (e.g., Snider, Alexander, Brunson, etc...), but rather in the unpredictable/I-have-no-idea-what-is-going-to-happen kind of sense.

Last edited:
If Antigua bags Oscar T., that alone merits his compensation. Not feeling it, but maybe, just maybe, we make that connection. For the love of God, please! Perhaps needless to say, Tshiebwe would elevate us, big time.

He's a guy whose stock has raised a ton recently. Is there some particular AAU tournament where he dominated or something?

ILL in IA

Iowa City
He's a guy whose stock has raised a ton recently. Is there some particular AAU tournament where he dominated or something?
The title of a youtube video says he was "a STRAIGHT BEAST at Addidas gauntlet Indy" Good enough for me.

Well folks there is news on the EJ front. Ohio state is in tonight for an in home, and don’t be suprised if he moves his visits up and drop two schools soon. Illinois in home likely on Wednesday
Certainly hope I'm wrong, but I just never got the feeling Liddell was coming to Illinois....

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Well folks there is news on the EJ front. Ohio state is in tonight for an in home, and don’t be suprised if he moves his visits up and drop two schools soon. Illinois in home likely on Wednesday

I’m not sure how to react to this.

intrigued-gif-10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.