Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Illinois University is French Canadian for "Le Universite de Illinoise"

Decision end oct from qg via zags blog.
Great pickup by DePaul for jacobs
TSj shows everyone how visits are done...Florida, Texas, DC, and local fare.

Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

Took an OV there this weekend.

That's exactly the kind of recruit DePaul needs to be getting. A galvanizing personality and a winner. Very similar to Trent Frazier in that way.

This DePaul class is a very instructive lesson to all of those who believe you need a credible coach who has shown winning momentum at the school in order to get quality recruits. That's just total nonsense.

That's exactly the kind of recruit DePaul needs to be getting. A galvanizing personality and a winner. Very similar to Trent Frazier in that way.

This DePaul class is a very instructive lesson to all of those who believe you need a credible coach who has shown winning momentum at the school in order to get quality recruits. That's just total nonsense.

According to 247 sports=#15 in the nation.

I'll say this about Guerrier, his other Twitter posts on OVs to Syracuse University and Oregon University feature just him in the uniform. We got him and (I assume) mom and dad in photos. That has got to be a plus. The family message worked with Giorgi when we flew mom in!

I'll say this about Guerrier, his other Twitter posts on OVs to Syracuse University and Oregon University feature just him in the uniform. We got him and (I assume) mom and dad in photos. That has got to be a plus. The family message worked with Giorgi when we flew mom in!

FWIW=Guerrier's trainer and not his Dad.

Deleted member 643761

D

No one can knock down straw men like S & C.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Iowa just got a kid who in his commitment called it Iowa University. Means nothing. But we had an uphill battle to start with.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Wow. Illinois University. Methinks we've sealed the deal.

I'm more concerned with the way he phrased it, "last visit to Illinois University" as in he isn't coming here anymore, period. I know you can probably take that another way as in this is his last OV anywhere (I think) but still.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx

You're right, one size fits all situations. :rolleyes:

Question.... How can you call yourself a fan(fanatic) of a team yet always talking down about the team, recruits, current players, and coaches? That's not the definition of a fan.... that's a hater... Just an observation... Would you walk up to someone you claim to be a fan of and start talking about all the negative things you think about them? ILL-INI "I'm riding with the Illini until the day I die"

Last edited:

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Question.... How can you call yourself a fan(fanatic) of a team yet always talking down about the team, recruits, current players, and coaches? That's not the definition of a fan.... that's a hater... Just an observation... Would you walk up to someone you claim to be a fan of and start talking about all the negative things you think about them? ILL-INI "I'm riding with the illini until the day I die"
Agree some people see the negative a lot more, but being a fan doesn't mean the glass is always half full, (unless its half full of orange kool-aid). I love my kids, but you can be sure I am going to point out the things that are not "OK" or the situations where I expect more out of them. I view it similar to that. I'm not mad at Illinois basketball right now, I'm just disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.