Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land Oscar and Quincy and have this class perform well and BU will be a hero.

Both of them would be great but odds seem not that good at the moment. I still believe we have better chances with Shannon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 643761

D

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Interesting and a nice read but not entirely accurate. The elite Chicago players are simply not sitting around pining for Illinois. They just aren’t.

Yeah, truth. They pretty much never have been. WRT Pullen, he was a VG HS player, but not even close to elite. Turned out to be a damn good college player, far exceeding his HS ranking. Yet another example that the die is hardly cast with recruiting rankings (which does not mean I am suggesting that they don't matter. Just that they aren't the end all, be all).

Deleted member 643761

D
Yeah, truth. They pretty much never have been. WRT Pullen, he was a VG HS player, but not even close to elite. Turned out to be a damn good college player, far exceeding his HS ranking. Yet another example that the die is hardly cast with recruiting rankings (which does not mean I am suggesting that they don't matter. Just that they aren't the end all, be all).
Pretty sure pullen was 4 star

sacraig

The desert
Me just sitting here, patiently awaiting the next @stuemke5 sighting...

gsM3Lt5.gif

Deleted member 746094

D
So any reliable info on what happened to the two recruits that were scheduled to visit this weekend?

So any reliable info on what happened to the two recruits that were scheduled to visit this weekend?

They didn't want to come. We saved face by saying we "cooled" on them despite not being in a position to cool in anyone.

illini80

Forgottonia
FWIW, Kedrick said today that TSJ is still mad about the twitter crap he took from Illinois fans after the DePaul commit. Doesn't expect him to commit soon.

FWIW, Kedrick said today that TSJ is still mad about the twitter crap he took from Illinois fans after the DePaul commit. Doesn't expect him to commit soon.
If he thought that was bad, wait til he sees how it’ll be the second time around.

If he thought that was bad, wait til he sees how it’ll be the second time around.
In my head I heard Newmans voice reading it to me. Of course there was sinister laugh at the end. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.