Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,076      
Umm, because it's Orange... No blue involved. That's science.

1445741222651.gif

#1,081      
Perhaps we should start a new thread, which forbids mention of OT, QG, AW, TSJ, & DT. Those who want to follow and hope for the above commitments can stay in this thread. Nothing wrong with hope, optimism, and dreaming, so please don’t stuff me in the negative guy box. I’m just kind of over them and beat down tbh.

Personally, I’m ready for new names, plan A- guys, sleepers/HS blow ups, system fits, insider tips, gems the staff are recruiting but we don’t know of yet, discussions about revised urgent needs based on how our current guys are playing.

Sadly, I think none of the above will come here, or if we are lucky enough will wait to see our performance on the court before making a decision. Realistically, I think it’s time to move on and invest our fantacism on a new group.

A blonde, a brunette and a red head are stranded on an island.

The red head decides she’s getting out, swims a quarter of the way to land, and drowns.

The brunette, motivated by the red head, swims a third of the way, and drowns.

The blonde, motivated by her former island inhabitants swims half way, gets tired, assumes she can’t make it all the way, and turns around and swims back to the island.

#1,082      
I truly don't know what is worse. Illini not having and big commits for next season or constantly reading negative posts about it and jumping the gun on everything. Let the kids enjoy the spotlight, give them their space and let them decide when they're ready. The more we talk negatively about them, the more it drives them away. GO ILLINI!!!

#1,083      
What will drive them to the Illini:
Winning, then they will come. Broken record but that record is loud and clear

#1,090      
Pretty much always the case with recruits who've gotten this far with us. Whether or not thats a good thing is definitely up for interpretation. I think its extremely creepy and pointless but kinda seems like im in the minority.

Not seeing UK fans all over this just shows how OT isn’t even their plan “B”.

#1,091      

Deleted member 746094

D
Pretty much always the case with recruits who've gotten this far with us. Whether or not thats a good thing is definitely up for interpretation. I think its extremely creepy and pointless but kinda seems like im in the minority.

We probably are in the minority, but you definitely aren’t alone. I know the definition of “fanatic”, but drooling over an 18 year old athlete is, well...creepy. It also doesn’t help our image when the recruit selects another school and the same “tweeters” attack them. There are two sides of crazy!

#1,092      

Loyalillini10

Urbana, IL
Not seeing UK fans all over this just shows how OT isn’t even their plan “B”.
Huh? I mean, he may not be UK fans’ plan B but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a main target for the UK staff. I don’t think number of fan tweets is indicative of how hard the staff is recruiting an individual.

#1,094      

sacraig

The desert
I would say that this is a double-edged sword, but it seems to have only inflicted self-injury.

In fairness, that's unconfirmed. We have one reporter who claimed that without citing a source or reason. Might have been speculation, heresay, or legit from the horse's mouth, but he didn't clarify.

#1,096      

IlliniFanAtEIU1953

Rantoul, IL
No way it's us. Only our coach has a buffoon-sized bowtie.
1539921185365.jpeg

You must be referring to this picture on Oscar's tweet about his upcoming college choice this weekend.

"Big decision on Saturday Oct 20th at 12:30 PM hopefully to make the right decision for me and my life. I appreciate all the coaches for the Amazing opportunity they gave to me."

#1,099      

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
The bow tie is a clue...I have no idea what kind...but it's a clue non-the-less. Everyone please interpret.

#1,100      

Deleted member 8213

D
Not sure if there's any reason to hold out hope for Tshiebwe at this point, but I just read an article from West Virginia featuring Oscar's photoshop of the four coaches and they literally never mentioned Illinois once (or Baylor)... the entire premise was 'reasons Oscar will choose UK vs reasons he will choose WVU'. Pretty sure it would be quite an upset to get him. :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.