Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,151      

Deleted member 654622

D
Man, if you had asked me when I woke up this morning I would have thought my chances of winning the MegaMillions jackpot was better than my chances of seeing a Tina Turner GIF. Does that mean I should or should not buy a lottery ticket?
So if I add in Cher, what does that do to your chances?

#1,156      
Aidan Igiehon C commits to Louisville. I usually put these notices of players who have been offered by Illinois in the grid thread but this one could be of some significance due to the fact that he was being courted by Kentucky pretty hard, I think, and this could have an effect on others.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...019-big-man-aidan-igiehon-commits/1485400002/

Chris Mack with 5 Top 100 players in his first Louisville class and he hasn't even coached one game there.

#1,157      

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Man, if you had asked me when I woke up this morning I would have thought my chances of winning the MegaMillions jackpot was better than my chances of seeing a Tina Turner GIF. Does that mean I should or should not buy a lottery ticket?
your luck has already been spent!

#1,158      

jmilt7

Waukegan
Just a quick recap so you can add these all to your PDAs (remember those, the Palm, the Newton). I got this off a Writing Illini article.

https://writingillini.com/2018/10/1...tment-schedule-top-illini-recruiting-targets/

Oscar Tshiebwe
Decision: October 20
Time: 11:30 AM CT

Anthony Walker
Time: TBD

Drew Timme
Decision: November 14
Time: 8:00 AM CT

Quincy Guerrier
Decision: October 31
Time: 8:00 PM CT – ish (halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game)

Terrence Shannon
Decision: TBD (postponed according to his mother)

#1,159      
Anthony Walker III was spotted at school today with a Brian Cook jersey on.

#1,160      

sacraig

The desert
Chris Mack with 5 Top 100 players in his first Louisville class and he hasn't even coached one game there.

I am not sure if you meant this as a comparison to our situation, but as I am sure you are aware, Louisville has a much stronger brand than Illinois, particularly over the last decade. It's not apples-to-apples.

#1,161      
I am not sure if you meant this as a comparison to our situation, but as I am sure you are aware, Louisville has a much stronger brand than Illinois, particularly over the last decade. It's not apples-to-apples.

Nope, just responding to my friend, jmilt's Louisville post.

#1,162      
And...they should face serious punishment and you would think not be able to flagrantly violate the rules while under scrutiny...but nothing changes...not sure how Illinois competes in this environment. The answer so far is we can't.

#1,163      

SublimeBeast

Dieterich, IL
Just a quick recap so you can add these all to your PDAs (remember those, the Palm, the Newton). I got this off a Writing Illini article.

https://writingillini.com/2018/10/1...tment-schedule-top-illini-recruiting-targets/

Oscar Tshiebwe

Anthony Walker

Drew Timme

Quincy Guerrier

Terrence Shannon

Anthony walker is announcing at 4pm ET (3pm CT)

#1,164      
If we could just get two of these guys we would probably make the tourney in 2020.

Oscar Tshiebwe

Anthony Walker

Drew Timme

Quincy Guerrier

Terrence Shannon

#1,166      

Oscar Tshiebwe

Anthony Walker

Drew Timme

Quincy Guerrier

Terrence Shannon

Can you add in the day and time for when we all panic? Maybe, Nov 14 around 8:01?

#1,167      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Whatever. Drew Timme makes us a Sweet 16 team in two years. Book it.

Samba is going to make crazy leaps (pun intended) in two years, with Giorgi and Drew. Keep Ayo for two years.

Ayo, Trent, Monte', Timme, Kane, Griffin, and Jones is a rotation that will compete for a B1G title.

Now if Oscar wants to join OUR awards ceremony, more power to him!

#1,168      

Drew Timme

Quincy Guerrier

The author thinks that we have a strong lead for Guerrier and we are also leading for Timme. I do not have any info on either recruitment but I find it hard to believe that if Guerrier makes his pick at the halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game in a NY station and the analyst promises a "special evening" that it will not be Syracuse.

#1,169      

Deleted member 2050

D

Samba is going to make crazy leaps (pun intended) in two years, with Giorgi and Drew. Keep Ayo for two years.

Ayo, Trent, Monte', Timme, Kane, Griffin, and Jones is a rotation that will compete for a B1G title.

Take your stupid, positive outlook somewhere else. This board is for realists.

#1,170      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Take your stupid, positive outlook somewhere else. This board is for realists.

jack-sparrow-correndo-barba-harmburgueria.gif

#1,171      
And...they should face serious punishment and you would think not be able to flagrantly violate the rules while under scrutiny...but nothing changes...not sure how Illinois competes in this environment. The answer so far is we can't.

You compete by taking what you can get and overachieving. Then you begin the upward climb. That's it. End of subject.

And how about that Cher/Tina gif, eh?!!!

#1,172      

audie

The Great Northwest

I LOVE YOU, MAN.

#1,173      

Looks like you have been drinking the good stuff!!

But I think we are going 0 fur .......

#1,174      

IllFanInMi

I
When Tshiebwe visited two weekends ago, WVU made sure his brother, Dababa, who he hadn't seen in four years, was on campus. The idea was that Dababa, who just arrived in the United States from the Democratic Republic of Congo and is playing at Heritage IJN WV in Ravenswood, isn't too far from where Tshiebwe could call home.

#1,175      
The author thinks that we have a strong lead for Guerrier and we are also leading for Timme. I do not have any info on either recruitment but I find it hard to believe that if Guerrier makes his pick at the halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game in a NY station and the analyst promises a "special evening" that it will not be Syracuse.
This author makes stuff up all the time. I stopped reading a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.