Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,303      

Deleted member 746094

D
Not in tune to the high school basketball prospects other than the guys mentioned here. So we strike out this fall, which is looking like our chances are pretty good right now for that to happen. Those with more knowledge- who are our best options on the grid or others we may have not offered yet?

Thanks for the insight.

#1,310      

jmilt7

Waukegan
Not in tune to the high school basketball prospects other than the guys mentioned here. So we strike out this fall, which is looking like our chances are pretty good right now for that to happen. Those with more knowledge- who are our best options on the grid or others we may have not offered yet?

Thanks for the insight.

The grid is getting might depleted. Many have committed and others have shown no interest in Illinois.

Copied and edited from my previous post a few pages back.

In regards to centers we are still in on Timme.
Tre Mitchell and Jason Jitoboh both canceled their OVs so who knows what up with that? Mitchell has always been seen as unlikely (I think the money is on UConn).

Quincy Guerrier? As Obelix pointed out, "I do not have any info on either recruitment but I find it hard to believe that if Guerrier makes his pick at the halftime of the Knicks vs Pacers game in a NY station and the analyst promises a "special evening" that it will not be Syracuse." So he seems also to be unlikely. CBs seem to indicate between Oregon and Syracuse.

So who else? Cockburn does not seem realistic. Payton (F)? The other Walker (Marquis) although he is a PG? JUCO route? We seem to be running out of options.

#1,311      

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
The grid is getting might depleted. Many have committed and others have shown no interest in Illinois.

So who else? Cockburn does not seem realistic. Payton (F)? The other Walker (Marquis) although he is a PG? JUCO route? We seem to be running out of options.

Recruiting is fluid.

#1,312      
Payton from Bloomington has to be moving up the board, and he would probably do fine here as well.
Antigua seems to be able to find some late additions, just look at this years roster. We need to get back to
doing better instate. I know the recruiting scene has grown more national the last 15 years, but we need those
instate players.

#1,315      
I'm on the verge of retiring rich, as I have been putting $1 aside every time I read Recruiting is fluid for the last 5 years. The account is growing to be larger than my pension. I just want another quiet JCL type recruitment, where BOOM! It Happens and we move forward, instead of sitting here stewing in the lukewarm water.

#1,316      
I'm honestly in the whatever camp right now with recruiting. I feel like staff should know that winning is 100% the most important thing this year and will pay dividends even if they're late in the next couple sessions. We need a good floor product.

#1,319      
we need a recruiting is fluid shirt with the orange kool aid man tipped over and spilling out

#1,323      

wettsten

Chicago
I'm on the verge of retiring rich, as I have been putting $1 aside every time I read Recruiting is fluid for the last 5 years. The account is growing to be larger than my pension. I just want another quiet JCL type recruitment, where BOOM! It Happens and we move forward, instead of sitting here stewing in the lukewarm water.

if i posted more often, you'd have real beach houses to bet on recuits' destinations.

#1,324      
I think I am almost more eager for a commit so that the bad jokes and sky-is-falling meltdowns will end than the actual basketball implications.
Has to be the right recruit though. Another project who flames out in a year isn't going to cut it. In fact, it will only intensify the harsh comments.

#1,325      
Payton from Bloomington has to be moving up the board, and he would probably do fine here as well.
Antigua seems to be able to find some late additions, just look at this years roster. We need to get back to
doing better instate. I know the recruiting scene has grown more national the last 15 years, but we need those
instate players.

I was really high on Payton a year ago but I haven't heard much about him for a while. Good motor, great attitude, and hardworking, but how does a 6'6 180 lbs center in HS translate to B10 play? Probably the 3/4 position but does he have the athleticism/quickness? I hope so because that may be our best option come spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.