Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Mmmmm...that is one tasty front court!!

MinorMarriedBadger-size_restricted.gif

You are killing it bro........

th28KVEQYW.jpg

Steve from Peoria calls the postgame shows after Illini games ... he has family in Oregon and follows one of those Oregon teams (I think you said you follow OSU)

Ahhhh, nope I'm in Ohio and of late too depressed after the games to get on the phone to re-hash the Illini's play. Hopefully that ends soon.

Three-Point Play: Is Villanova college basketball's Clemson?

Christian Brown has been heavily discussed throughout the years and while he has been hampered by injuries and struggled in the efficiency column because of it, things look to be headed back in the right direction. Brown is having a basketball renaissance of sorts this winter with the famed Oak Hill Academy program as his recruitment has welcomed a few newer programs to it.

Most of the talk this summer was that Brown would end up at Clemson, the program that had recruited him the longest and sits as the in-state program. This still could be the case as assistant coach Steve Smith has done a phenomenal job in recruiting him. But the field vying for his services has become more crowded.

Brown has taken an official visit to Georgia in addition to Clemson. Each remain in the picture, but Illinois and Pitt are two others that have picked things
up. NC State coach Kevin Keatts has made it apparent that he would love to throw Brown into his versatile lineup.

A commitment does not seem near but Illinois, NC State and Pitt are in the best spot to receive one of his final official visits. Georgetown and South Carolina are in the picture, too, but the Illini, Wolfpack and Panthers have the greatest traction of late with the four-star.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ay-is-villanova-college-basketball-s-clemson-

With a potential logjam of wings (already have Tevian, Alan, Kipper) to play the 3 and 4 spots next year, and if the staff wants to add two more wings like some have said here, that would make 5 players fighting for playing time at two spots. I don't know why two more players, Archie and someone else similar, would join. I don't know how the staff will sell playing time.
If someone like Patterson or K. Walker joined who might be considered a one and done, that could further deter Archie. Unless he is fine with a "sit-out" type of year.
On the other hand, if Archie jumps to take a spot, might that discourage others such as Patterson, Walker, or even Brown?

With a potential logjam of wings (already have Tevian, Alan, Kipper) to play the 3 and 4 spots next year, and if the staff wants to add two more wings like some have said here, that would make 5 players fighting for playing time at two spots. I don't know why two more players, Archie and someone else similar, would join. I don't know how the staff will sell playing time.
If someone like Patterson or K. Walker joined who might be considered a one and done, that could further deter Archie. Unless he is fine with a "sit-out" type of year.
On the other hand, if Archie jumps to take a spot, might that discourage others such as Patterson, Walker, or even Brown?

Ummmmm....HELLO...POSITIONLESS! We have 5 positions they will compete for!

I dont think Walker, patterson, or whitney are to worried about trying to get playing time here.

Deleted member 746094

D
I dont think Walker, patterson, or whitney are to worried about trying to get playing time here.

Exactly. These three get playing time anywhere they sign. If not for one and done rule it is likely not one of them would step on a college court.

Deleted member 633632

D

Considering that Archie will probably have to sit a year, I don't think it will any negative effect at all! The staff definitely is looking at mid year transfee with him tho

And thank you to whoever caught my grammatical error! I literally woke up in the middle of the night like oh *#\t that was suppose to be accelerated not excellerated!! Lol I spend too much in Quickbooks and on an excel spread sheet!! 😂😂

How is Joe's not getting any love here? Or that hole in the wall across from the wing shop on 2nd and green i believe that is... Those are the 2 hottest spots next to canopy of the last decade plus on campus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.