Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Steve from Peoria that calls the Fasteners postgame show :)

No idea what that means.

I'm going to watch another Illini recruiting miss on Thursday. Well not really sure he was a miss because not sure how much if it all the beloved recruited him, but Nick Rakocevic and USC will be playing the Beavers on Thursday. Looks like he is having a nice season thus far -- averaging 15.7, 10.1 and 1.8 bpg.

Deleted member 746094

D
Name to keep an eye on: Gerald Drumgoole. Staff trying to get him to come for a visit. Haven't offered him yet.

He has taken 3 OV's: Maryland, Minnesota, and South Carolina.

https://247sports.com/Player/Gerald-Drumgoole-46054601/

Good looking shot. Doesn’t seem overly explosive and quick to the basket.
Would rather have KA, Brown, Patterson, or the Arizona KW. Good back up plan, but sounds like Pitt is leading?

Best part of video was at 2:12. “We don’t need a three!?!?...BUT, we’ll take it!”

Deleted member 746094

D
Some how a video of EJ Liddell from last weekend’s games popped up on my YouTube app.

I so hope he is a one and done or he is going to make it hurt every time we play tOSU. Kid is just an absolute force on both ends of the court.

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
No idea what that means.

I'm going to watch another Illini recruiting miss on Thursday. Well not really sure he was a miss because not sure how much if it all the beloved recruited him, but Nick Rakocevic and USC will be playing the Beavers on Thursday. Looks like he is having a nice season thus far -- averaging 15.7, 10.1 and 1.8 bpg.

Steve from Peoria calls the postgame shows after Illini games ... he has family in Oregon and follows one of those Oregon teams (I think you said you follow OSU)

Punesguy

Ft. Collins, CO
Name to keep an eye on: Gerald Drumgoole. Staff trying to get him to come for a visit. Haven't offered him yet.

He has taken 3 OV's: Maryland, Minnesota, and South Carolina.

https://247sports.com/Player/Gerald-Drumgoole-46054601/

Athletic and looks like he can make shots from anywhere on the floor. He also doesn't seem to be afraid to take it to the hole. We could definitely use his 3 point stroke given our current situation!:shield:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the relevant question is whether Archie left before the beginning of the second semester at TCU. If he did, then he can enroll here for the second semester (last minute or even a week or so late shouldn't be a problem), sit this second semester, next first semester, and be eligible as soon as first semester grades are posted, which in previous years has usually been right before Mizzou.

TCU's website indicates their semester also begins 1/14, so he should be fine on that end.

Correct.

I don't believe we have seen enough of Tevian Jones to term him a tweener. What little I have seen of him makes me think he could definitely be a three. Griffin has rebounded very well for the most part, but again, both are mid-level rated guys who are freshman and they don't get a lot of minutes, so there really isn't much to take away from what is seen on the court at this time.

I agree completely. What we really need is for one of these guys to develop into a Malcolm Hill type player, one who can be a point forward. Hill was rated in the 60-70 range and didn’t play much until the 2nd half of his freshman year. Then he played the 4 spot. Tevian Jones has the skills to become that type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.