Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may have been Kayne Henry? :noidea: Wasn't that you that brought him up, PlayAZ?

Yes right after mentioning a center/forward outside the Top 100 at the time....January...lol, that was coincidental. Kayne Henry is a very very solid player on a very good team.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/sports/20190109/nwf-state-men-roll-over-commodores-78-65, would absolutely love the ILLINI score this kid, he could seriously compete for starting minutes immediately and plays similiar to dare I say Gill?

Someone seriously get some video of this "2*" kid to the staff...he is only this ranking because he is an unknown here in the states...go to Northwest Florida OA and recruit this kid. The PR alone would be worth adding him to Kofi, January and this team...instant fan favorite I think.

Last edited:

ILLINI IN NE

Omaha,Ne.
I went to St. Ignatius. I graduated the year before Maggette. I remember the team with him, Chris Williams at PG, Jabari Harris at C and (occasionally) Mark Treadwell. Good to see a fellow Catholic League alum here even if we are rivals.

Wolfpack class of 75. Nnanna Egwu will always be in my top five Illini players. I love the statement he made after his last game about giving everything he had to the team and school. I would like to meet him someday.

I can understand UoI establishing/improving/whatever comm lines with Chicago.

But, what I fully expect, now that we have been through the ringer, is that Chicago does the same. Chicago has to realize that both sides have interests and will act accordingly. It is interests that matter and not some news item. BTW, where is that writer? Just asking.
Chicago is not one single relationship. We win and we build strong relationships with coaches....btw, losing THT still hurts
Yes right after mentioning a center/forward outside the Top 100 at the time....January...lol, that was coincidental. Kayne Henry is a very very solid player on a very good team.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/sports/20190109/nwf-state-men-roll-over-commodores-78-65, would absolutely love the ILLINI score this kid, he could seriously compete for starting minutes immediately and plays similiar to dare I say Gill?

Someone seriously get some video of this "2*" kid to the staff...he is only this ranking because he is an unknown here in the states...go to Northwest Florida OA and recruit this kid. The PR alone would be worth adding him to Kofi, January and this team...instant fan favorite I think.
On Henry....Same school as Feliz? NWF?

Last edited:
Chicago is not one single relationship. We win and we buill strong relationships with coaches....btw, losing THT still hurts
On Henry....Same school as Feliz? NWF?

yes he transferred in from San Jacinto (?) I think

Winning drives recruiting, right???🔶🔷🔶🔷🔶🔷🔶🔷🔶🔷🔶🔷🔶🔷
Screenshot_20190205-223920_Twitter.jpg

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
Wolfpack class of 75. Nnanna Egwu will always be in my top five Illini players. I love the statement he made after his last game about giving everything he had to the team and school. I would like to meet him someday.
Hail Ignatius! Good to see another alum on the board.
Agreed 100% about Egwu. Outstanding kid, easy to root for.

come on man you judge him off one game. IT A national televise game his teammates are going to try to show off as much as possible. That one of reason why there are losing games against ranked teams in the nation if you give him the ball he is scoring every time his 6'10 305 that a man beast that way he was rank as a 5 star because you give him the ball with that size he going to score. so just chill and he going to lose a little weight and regain that with muscle and he going to be all big ten type in the next 2 years

You can’t tell him to be rational and not judge him off of one game, and then go on and say he will be All Big Ten within 2 years.

Hail Ignatius! Good to see another alum on the board.
Agreed 100% about Egwu. Outstanding kid, easy to root for.

Class of '13 here. Nnanna was 2 years ahead of me. I never met him, but during my freshman year I was taking a math test during my lunch period. We had the same teacher for different subjects. I was taking the test while he had her class. Seeing a scrawny freshman in a room full of juniors, he walked over and tapped me on the head mid test. Haha a little weird, but sort of endearing. He seemed nice.

I think Tyrone Staggers was also in that class. His basketball claim to fame was sitting on the bench for Lehigh when they beat Duke in the tournament.

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
Class of '13 here. Nnanna was 2 years ahead of me. I never met him, but during my freshman year I was taking a math test during my lunch period. We had the same teacher for different subjects. I was taking the test while he had her class. Seeing a scrawny freshman in a room full of juniors, he walked over and tapped me on the head mid test. Haha a little weird, but sort of endearing. He seemed nice.

I think Tyrone Staggers was also in that class. His basketball claim to fame was sitting on the bench for Lehigh when they beat Duke in the tournament.
I remember watching a few games of the Egwu/Staggers classes. I saw Staggers sitting on the bench for that Duke game.

It would have been cool if Riley Doody could have walked on at U of I. But both Dan Fahey and the Higgibottom (sp?) kid wound up playing for Wisconsin. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.