Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 643761

D
Nope. But if he had a free weekend, and he wanted to come here, you think he’d visit us as opposed to somewhere he could go on an easy day trip. Shoot maybe he can walk to their campus? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Put it this way, if there was a guy we wanted, and he lived in Champaign, we would be feeling really confident if he decided to take an unofficial to us instead of an official to another school on one of his precious few open weekends.

Just a thought.
Well some would feel confident. But that doesn't change the fact that Derrick rose didn't come here.

Nope. But if he had a free weekend, and he wanted to come here, you think he’d visit us as opposed to somewhere he could go on an easy day trip. Shoot maybe he can walk to their campus? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Put it this way, if there was a guy we wanted, and he lived in Champaign, we would be feeling really confident if he decided to take an unofficial to us instead of an official to another school on one of his precious few open weekends.

Just a thought.
Oak hill is in Virginia, would be a long walk

Just a thought.

Could be he's about out of officials that he can take....so take an unofficial to a much closer campus and save the official for let's say a midwestern campus that many say is in his top 3......just a thought

Could be he's about out of officials that he can take....so take an unofficial to a much closer campus and save the official for let's say a midwestern campus that many say is in his top 3......just a thought

Right on Doowink!! Brown only has 2 OV's left and he is from Columbia. His Mom and he live with his Grandma, who is within shouting distance of USC campus.

Deleted member 16068

D
I appreciate this. But 4040 is right. No visit this weekend.

In all honesty, I was getting worried. But my source maintains his sentiments that CB will be visiting us sometime in the next 30 days or so...

The only problem that has been haltering this process is the politics at Oak Hill are a lot thicker than previously perceived. If it doesn't tell you anything that a talent like CB is down to Pitt and ncState (& now us) then I think you need to have your depth perception checked lol...

Staff was previously told they were not going to get a visit from CB because Illinois was not going to get 2 Oak Hill kids out of the same class. Period. Only the "Big Boyz" have that privilege...

But winning changes everything and when you do it in the style we have, those around the recruits see where the trajectory of this program is going! Winning = $$$ for recruits. NBA money. Oversee's money. Winning and exposure does that for you!

So, I apologize if this post seems all over the place, but i'm at work and its been a hectic week. But i have direct connects in the dia amongst others and while i've been getting mixed signals that its been getting "thick" on the CB back channels, my guy maintains his stance that we will be getting a visit in early March, if not sooner!

Really good stuff. Thank you

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas

My concern isn’t that it was official vs unofficial. Of course he should take an unofficial if he is close and save his officials for places where he has to fly.

The concern is that, apparently, scheduling ANY visit for him right now is tough. His schedule seems to be packed with his own season and school, and when we are fighting to bring him in on a rare open weekend, he instead chooses to go somewhere else.

The amount of days we have left before he signs somewhere are dwindling and if we want to have any chance, we need him on campus.

I hope he has another free weekend soon and pulls the trigger on an OV to Champaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.