Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Cal cheated his way to KY no reason to cheat anymore

Last best shot to clear the blot on his record. Good place to do it in too. Plus, he'll likely be reunited with Anthony Davis. LeBron is a double edged sword, but Cal will certainly be in the limelight.

I made the point some time ago that one man (Kofi) wasn't going to solve our problems. It is interesting to see however, the loss of one man by KU and Duke has made them just good and not great. Don't think Kofi is on the same level as those losses but still believe he could be significant, particularly if we can get more than 20 mins per game without him in foul trouble.

I made the point some time ago that one man (Kofi) wasn't going to solve our problems. It is interesting to see however, the loss of one man by KU and Duke has made them just good and not great. Don't think Kofi is on the same level as those losses but still believe he could be significant, particularly if we can get more than 20 mins per game without him in foul trouble.
It is true that Kofi will not solve all of our problems but it is also true that we are not as far from where we need to get talent-wise. Our three best players are underclassmen. Our main issue was lack of experience more than talent - Ayo, Giorgi and Trent should all grow next year and Tev and Alan should get more tick as well. Kofi is a big piece though and is a full grown man! I like our prospects moving forward. If we somehow snag Christian Brown I will be over the moon!

Last best shot to clear the blot on his record. Good place to do it in too. Plus, he'll likely be reunited with Anthony Davis. LeBron is a double edged sword, but Cal will certainly be in the limelight.

Apparently Tyronn Lue is the favorite for LA next year, but he wants big money to put up with Lebron again. If LA doesn't want to pay him hopefully their next choice is Cal.

It is true that Kofi will not solve all of our problems but it is also true that we are not as far from where we need to get talent-wise. Our three best players are underclassmen. Our main issue was lack of experience more than talent - Ayo, Giorgi and Trent should all grow next year and Tev and Alan should get more tick as well. Kofi is a big piece though and is a full grown man! I like our prospects moving forward. If we somehow snag Christian Brown I will be over the moon!

Azuibuike (sp) with Kansas is very similiar ranking and size and type of player as Kofi .....Kansas with him was 9-0 this year prior to him going out. We can hope for the same kind of presence with Kofi I hope.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Ha! He actually has a strong dislike for Illinois, and he wants to "stick it to them" by choosing ETSU over the Illini!

1846-Z11-1A-Navy

giphy.gif

Can anyone else see the "draymond" sales pitch...I sure can. Wouldn't blame him for buying that pitch and certainly think he will commit while there to be honest.
I suppose anything is possible, but why bother cutting the list to 3 if you’re going to commit in 2 days?

I suppose anything is possible, but why bother cutting the list to 3 if you’re going to commit in 2 days?

Pretty sure this would not be the first time for that...besides leaving door open in case visit goes terribly wrong never a bad thing. Keep the hooks set.

Status
Not open for further replies.