Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he playing with the MIF this Spring?
He is currently playing with Team Why Not (CA) along with fellow Illinois recruit Addison Patterson.

Derek Piper@ DPiper247·
6h

Dynamic duo of
@NimariBurnett
&
@addi_patterson
have it workin’ at a high level. Patterson has made multiple drives to the rim. He then hit Burnett for a two-handed flush in transition. And Burnett just buried a triple. Pair of top-notch #Illini targets.

So he’s tall, skinny, and left handed? Odd to see a player with an outside shot and without freakish athleticism to Randle

I thought Holyfield is supposed to be very athletic. I keep seeing highlights of a monster dunk on someone. That said, I wouldn’t compare him to Randle.

WRT Nimari, are we the only ones (along with the BBs, guess we are one), in true fashion, not to offer him as of now? Or have we offered and it does not show up?

I thought Holyfield is supposed to be very athletic. I keep seeing highlights of a monster dunk on someone. That said, I wouldn’t compare him to Randle.

"Comp" was the wrong word. They're both 6'8 about 220-227 pounds and not terribly physical. Should have said that they look similar in appearance at first glance but their abilities clearly differ.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
WRT recruiting prowess, I'd say landing Burnett would be even more impressive than landing Miller. Doesn't mean I value Burnett more than Miller. Would be absolutely ecstatic if we land both. Will gladly "settle" for one.

WRT recruiting prowess, I'd say landing Burnett would be even more impressive than landing Miller. Doesn't mean I value Burnett more than Miller. Would be absolutely ecstatic if we land both. Will gladly "settle" for one.
How about adding DJ Steward and getting two of three to replace Ayo and Dre?

jmilt7

Waukegan
I think I have heard BU refer to him as Dre.

Beat me to it too :(

So what is the consensus on getting him??

Unlikely. Blue bloods starting to enter the chase. We will be in it for much of the race, likely get an OV.

Him not playing at Morgan Park or with the Fire is hurting our chances. Ayo's family is very close with the Burnett's though.

Miller is much more likely.

Steward really likes Texas, they're the favorite for him right now for sure. He really likes Xavier as well.

illini80

Forgottonia
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If qualifying was the issue as we have been told, I would think JC is the most likely route.

AZHOHoops

Scottsdale, AZ
Have we already signed the Kouma kid? He's not on scholarship grid, but some comments seem like it's a done deal? Anyone?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If qualifying was the issue as we have been told, I would think JC is the most likely route.

Lots of JC have already been in contact (NW Florida, Indian Hills, Arizona Western) just to name a few.

This has been the plan for a while, just hadn't been official until a few days ago.

As predicted, I am hearing his ride will be put to excellent use.

Look for our next commit in early May. :shield:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.