Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Signing Period Begins: April 17th, 2019

2019 Illini Basketball Commits
Antwan January (2019 C) committed to Illinois on November 13th 2018, decommitted on April 28th 2019
Kofi Cockburn (2019 C) committed to Illinois on January 6th 2019, signed with Illinois on April 23rd 2019
Bernard Kouma (2019 PF) committed to Illinois on April 8th, 2019

rbachhuber's Scholarship Grid
Updated 4/28/2019

NCAA Recruiting Calendar (pdf)

Last edited:
I love the smell of a new recruiting thread in the morning.....

Take it all in

giphy.gif

Wichita guard Caleb Grill schedules Iowa State visit
Iowa State will host Wichita (Kan.) guard Caleb Grill on an unofficial visit only days after he was released from his National Letter of Intent, he told CycloneAlert.

The 6-foot-2 Grill committed to South Dakota State last August and signed with the school in November, but is back on the market after the school released him from his agreement following the departure of head coach T.J. Otzelberger to UNLV. Grill told CycloneAlert on Sunday that he had immediate contact with Iowa State coach Steve Prohm and assistant Daniyal Robinson while also hearing from Illinois, Kansas State and Creighton. Grill will now visit Iowa State on Tuesday.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-...recruiting-guard-Caleb-Grill-visit-130778032/

sacraig

The desert
So how many scholarships will be left? Assuming January won't be taking one if he's going JuCo (correct?), then we've got Kofi and Holyfield and no Higgs. Also, any idea when TJ will be committing? Sorry for pressing, but I'm antsy :)

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
So how many scholarships will be left? Assuming January won't be taking one if he's going JuCo (correct?), then we've got Kofi and Holyfield and no Higgs. Also, any idea when TJ will be committing? Sorry for pressing, but I'm antsy :)
By my count, that would still leave 2 open next year.

illini80

Forgottonia
From very reliable source. All are staying except Higgs. January going juco route. Cockburn still in. Holyfield coming
Not doubting what people have been told, but with Holyfields interest from other schools I would have expected him to take some visits before deciding. Plus I would think Ayo would at least test the waters. No matter his final intentions it just seems like the smart move.

breadman

Herndon, VA
From very reliable source. All are staying except Higgs. January going juco route. Cockburn still in. Holyfield coming
Sounds good. Higgs and his family had better be researching adult stem cell therapy for what ails him.

Not doubting what people have been told, but with Holyfields interest from other schools I would have expected him to take some visits before deciding. Plus I would think Ayo would at least test the waters. No matter his final intentions it just seems like the smart move.

Holyfield is definitely fielding some serious interest (Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Texas Tech) just to name a few. He is planning on taking some visits, but the staff especially BU is very confident with this recruitment.

As for Ayo, everything I have gathered is that he will 100% test the waters. 1st round pick guarantee is what he is wanting. His circle is going to be big in his decision.

Little Adam Miller update:

He is planning on cutting his list down in the summer, around the middle to end of July is the target area.

Looking to cut it down to 8-10 and then take a few visits. He really likes Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Louisville, Memphis, and Texas Tech of his current offers.

He is hoping to see Kentucky and Duke jump in this summer before he cuts his list down.

I have heard that we will be in it until the very end. Definitely will get an OV.

Status
Not open for further replies.