Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but he's 10x better than Tisdale was.

Chet is much more mobile, less anchored to the ground. Blocks a ton of shots...guards that get in the paint seem to have no way of getting in a layup. Also a good 3 point shot. Will be a stretch 4 weapon for whatever team gets him.

Edit: just watched another video. He looks great.

Last edited:

Deleted member 236589

D
I think Kofi will be fine once he gets into a collegiate strength and conditioning program, emphasis on the conditioning. At 300 lbs, even above average athleticism takes a hit.
I saw the game on Friday. I don't think it's a bad thing to say he was overmatched against the top big men in High School because, well, he was. It's not like he was ineffective playing Palatine High School. He looked like a kid who can block shots, set screens and get a few rebounds. He doesn't have much, if anything, in the offensive repertoire. That was obvious and ugly. That's where the whole coaching thing comes in. He's raw, it showed....coach him up. No shame in that unless you thought we were bringing in a huge difference maker and NBA talent this year. If he puts the work in, hopefully he turns into Nick Ward for us.

I saw the game on Friday. I don't think it's a bad thing to say he was overmatched against the top big men in High School because, well, he was. It's not like he was ineffective playing Palatine High School. He looked like a kid who can block shots, set screens and get a few rebounds. He doesn't have much, if anything, in the offensive repertoire. That was obvious and ugly. That's where the whole coaching thing comes in. He's raw, it showed....coach him up. No shame in that unless you thought we were bringing in a huge difference maker and NBA talent this year. If he puts the work in, hopefully he turns into Nick Ward for us.
I watched as well. Lot's of guys looked like they need to develop, which makes sense when you get a group of the next generation of talent together.

G
Remember, the data we have here on this board is inconclusive that Fletch does anything that is really a net positive for the players in this regard. Every year we see the pictures of physical development and get hyped only to have players with seemingly tired legs at the end of the season.

I kid, I kid. Giorgi developed well so the OA/Fletch combo must be pretty good.
GB had skill before her got here. Are you kidding me? Dude can dance, was very athletic and was vastly under rated. People have no clue what measures athleticism. It's way more than jumping high! He deserves 99% of the credit. Outside of God Himself! Thank goodness coach BU saw it, that's where the staff deserves credit. It isn't like other strength coaches suck. I mean really?

Last edited:
At least overmatched at the Nike hoop summit. That game is full of the best of the best. I have faith he will play big minutes next year.

Always ni

Always nice to see the only adjective describing our recruit is "overmatched" ......ugh

Still have faith that our staff will turn him into a 4 year beast. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.